TOTM - what to expect??

FunellaFox

Hi guys
Todays day 1 of TOTM and I don't know whether I will have any weight loss this week. I'm on wk3 SS and its been really tough this week cos i've had serious cravings.

Do you lose any weight?
do i resign myself to nothing this week and more next week?
am i making a mountain out of a molehill?

Please feel free to ignore this hormonal/emotional wreck :cry:

im not too sure hun sorry but im sure someone will be able to advise, i didnt want to read and run x

Yes you will still lose, that shouldn't be a problem.

I find that if I am pmt and have a weigh-in that it can cause problems, though.

I started a period the day I started on CD SSing and lost 17lbs in my first week!

Hope all goes well x

Hi Funella - I've had TOTM plus AAM week this week - retained water horribly but still managed a loss of 2lb :D

i too have the dreaded totm this week :( in bed with hot water bottle! really bloated too. really hoping i manage to lose at least something this week!!

my sentiments exactly concretedaisy :sigh: hope u feel better soon :eek:
am just freezin my bits off - just can't get warm today FF x x x x

is it just me or are you always freezing on this diet? im never particularly warm but since starting this im sooo cold all the time! speaking of which think its time to put the heating on (much to the dismay of my bf!)

I can't comment on TOTM as I haven't had those for 15 years! LOL!!

But I can assure you that I have been freezing since going into ketosis nearly 5 weeks ago. There is another thread on this forum about just this so it is common.

Wrap up warm!
x

I'm Freezing too and i'm never cold...... Haven't had a TOTM yet but due one in about 3 weeks i think never keep track of these things really should though lol

i started totm on my weigh in day and still lost 2 lbs even though I had horrible fluid retention. I think if you try to stick with the diet then even though he scales don't show much loss if any, you will still be losing and probably more the next week when all the water goes. I am doing ss+ by the way I find this easier to fit in my lifestyle and esp when totm comes to call. good luck with your week

thanks jakki, i was feeling really disheartend earlier, i was curious so i weighed myself and hadnt lost a thing! ive stuck to ss all week and was like 'well that sucks!' but hopefully it will show more next week when its not totm!

This morning I was really bloated and crampy due to impending totm, and it's my weekly weigh-in day.
I've lost 4lbs this week, but can tell by my clothes etc that if I weigh again in a couple of days it's probably actually more like 6lbs I've lost.
I never really thought that much about how totm effected my weight until loads of threads mentioned it...I've been really aware this time and could almost feel myself swelling up by the minute!!

I have had both TOTM and AAM this week, and had my usual massive water retention. But instead of feeling extra fat like I used to during TOTM, this week I have just felt like I hadn't lost the weight that I recently had. A bit disheartening, I have to say. But then within the space of one day I finished TOTM and the water retention just went away. I started the day in a pair of trousers that fit perfectly and comfortably, and finished the day barely able to keep them up! I almost felt like I lost 30 pounds in one day, it was wonderful :D

And I had my weigh in this morning, still managed to lose 5 pounds this week, completely wasn't expecting that.

I must say, since starting CD my cycle has been the 'normal' 28 days for the first time in my life, looks like the diet actually regulates my TOTM, rather than playing around with it like other people have experienced.

Dee x

i just had my weigh in, a day earlier than usual because im away tomorrow but ive lost 2lbs, which i suppose is better than nothing all things considered!

Some people get worse fluid retention than others. But TOTM won't affect the amount of fat you loose. SO I would say that IF because of fluid retention you showed as having gained, STS or only lost a bit then definitley next week you would see a bigger loss. The fat has still gone - just water hides it on the scales.

Well girls - i still managed to lose 2lbs despite feeling yucky, hungry and terribly bloated. Not ecstatic with this, but just relieved that something came off and not on!

Have to admit tho - for the first time in years - TOTM was pain-free & light. So something else I will be thanking CD for :):):)

Well done on still losing. I find my weight loss slows right down during TOTM then picks up a bit the following week. I guess its different for everyone though.

Back