Looking for support

QueenOfTatta

S: 18st9lb C: 18st9lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 49.3 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
Hello everyone!
I have been coming across this site everytime I have googled something exante related so thought I'd give it a go. Im 1 week into exante and have found it quite easy as I have things to keep me occupied. I gave birth 2 weeks a go (I know not recommended so soon after birth but I am not breast feeding and thought it would be best for my mental health if I started asap)

I have no idea what I weighed before but just bought some scales and after a week on exante I'm 18st9lbs and oh my goodness what a shock! I honestly didn't think I weighed that much I am only 5ft1 so this is extremely unhealthy for me. I have had a little cry due to the shock of it and thought I'd sign up here for some support from people who are on the same journey as me.

How much could I expect to lose on exante? I am on the 800 meal plan but have only been having 3 meal replacements a day and have been satisfied along with all the water. I really want to get my weight down as much as possible and as quickly as possible before I lose motivation. If I don't see any results I'll lose motivation (happened in the past) but I know if I see a stone lower on the scales I'll be motivated to carry on. My plan is to do this for 6 to 8 weeks and then start introducing healthy meals into my diet.

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

AliGal

Eating Like A Bear plus!
S: 22st10.6lb C: 19st7.6lb G: 13st0lb BMI: 44.2 Loss: 3st3lb(14.12%)
Hello @QueenOfTatta - sorry no-one saw yr post. Congratulations on your new babe. @Bertie81 & @Shrinkingvioletnomore can probably advise You'll probably shed a bit more in your first week, and then 2-4lbs a week.

Come and join us on the Team 50 thread and you can check in each week. It keeps me on trackl!

Edited to add - l lost a lot on a vlcd. lt works very well. The issue is maintainng when you get to goal. So you need to be as dedicated when you get there. You will be successful - you just need to do it one day at a time - and use some electrolytes if you feel faint or headachey. Just ask if you want a recipe.

Bertie81

S: 17st7lb C: 13st13.8lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 30.7 Loss: 3st7.2lb(20.08%)
Hello everyone!
I have been coming across this site everytime I have googled something exante related so thought I'd give it a go. Im 1 week into exante and have found it quite easy as I have things to keep me occupied. I gave birth 2 weeks a go (I know not recommended so soon after birth but I am not breast feeding and thought it would be best for my mental health if I started asap)

I have no idea what I weighed before but just bought some scales and after a week on exante I'm 18st9lbs and oh my goodness what a shock! I honestly didn't think I weighed that much I am only 5ft1 so this is extremely unhealthy for me. I have had a little cry due to the shock of it and thought I'd sign up here for some support from people who are on the same journey as me.

How much could I expect to lose on exante? I am on the 800 meal plan but have only been having 3 meal replacements a day and have been satisfied along with all the water. I really want to get my weight down as much as possible and as quickly as possible before I lose motivation. If I don't see any results I'll lose motivation (happened in the past) but I know if I see a stone lower on the scales I'll be motivated to carry on. My plan is to do this for 6 to 8 weeks and then start introducing healthy meals into my diet.
Hello congratulations on your baby I hope you are well and well done to you!!
It is entirely up to you but I do agree with @Shrinkingvioletnomore I was nowhere near considering losing weigh 2 weeks post partum but of course that is me(my youngest turned 2 in June and I think I just started around then) I would give yourself a few more weeks to let your body recover and also rest and enjoy the snuggles with your newborn (and of course to let the hormonal rollercoaster get back to some sort of normality!).
However, it is your body and mental health and you feel this would benefit you then maybe you could do it on a bit higher calories have a talk to your health visitor as well(again this is entirely your choice) Also consider maybe how exhaustingly wonderful newborns are(sleep or lack of!), please don’t put pressure on yourself.
I have lost every week which I am delighted with and did start with a good loss in the first week. I am on Exante and do 3 meal replacements and a 200kcal meal totalling 800kcals.
There are alternatives some Exante dieters do of 1200 kcals or 2 meal replacement and the rest of calories in food. Above all be kind to yourself and do what is best for you I am definitely going to be here in a few months plodding on and it’s a lovely supportive community so any questions you have please ask hopefully I can help 😃.

Shrinkingvioletnomore

Silver Member
S: 16st9.8lb C: 12st4lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 27.8 Loss: 4st5.8lb(26.43%)
Any questions just ask however if you are already doing this please take all packs as you definitely need the extra nutrition

QueenOfTatta

Hello congratulations on your baby I hope you are well and well done to you!!
It is entirely up to you but I do agree with @Shrinkingvioletnomore I was nowhere near considering losing weigh 2 weeks post partum but of course that is me(my youngest turned 2 in June and I think I just started around then) I would give yourself a few more weeks to let your body recover and also rest and enjoy the snuggles with your newborn (and of course to let the hormonal rollercoaster get back to some sort of normality!).
However, it is your body and mental health and you feel this would benefit you then maybe you could do it on a bit higher calories have a talk to your health visitor as well(again this is entirely your choice) Also consider maybe how exhaustingly wonderful newborns are(sleep or lack of!), please don’t put pressure on yourself.
I have lost every week which I am delighted with and did start with a good loss in the first week. I am on Exante and do 3 meal replacements and a 200kcal meal totalling 800kcals.
There are alternatives some Exante dieters do of 1200 kcals or 2 meal replacement and the rest of calories in food. Above all be kind to yourself and do what is best for you I am definitely going to be here in a few months plodding on and it’s a lovely supportive community so any questions you have please ask hopefully I can help 😃.
Thanks so much for your reply :) I have just weighed myself after a week and I have lost 8lbs woo! Thought I'd give it a go and if I felt too tired I'd stop but honestly even being up with night feeds I have so much energy. I've fully recovered from birth and feel great, my skin has cleared up and on the plus size I don't have to spend too much time thinking about eating healthily when the work is done for me woth exantw. I'm surprised I feel this good so soon after birth but I'm not complaining. How are you doing on your exante journey?

QueenOfTatta

I would honestly recommend you wait until at least 6 weeks pp as you are recovering from a major trauma within your body. You can lose a lot I’m 4.5 stone down in 4.5 months.
Thank you for your reply :) I thought I'd just try and if I felt rubbish then stop but I feel great and am near enough fully recovered from birth. Ive never had this much energy. Wow that's a great weight loss well done to you. Hopefully I can be the same.

QueenOfTatta

Hello @QueenOfTatta - sorry no-one saw yr post. Congratulations on your new babe. @Bertie81 & @Shrinkingvioletnomore can probably advise You'll probably shed a bit more in your first week, and then 2-4lbs a week.

Come and join us on the Team 50 thread and you can check in each week. It keeps me on trackl!

Edited to add - l lost a lot on a vlcd. lt works very well. The issue is maintainng when you get to goal. So you need to be as dedicated when you get there. You will be successful - you just need to do it one day at a time - and use some electrolytes if you feel faint or headachey. Just ask if you want a recipe.
Thanks so much for your reply. I have lost 8lbs in a week woo! I feel great aswel it must be all the vitamins. I will take a look at the team 50 thread thankyou :)

Shrinkingvioletnomore

Silver Member
S: 16st9.8lb C: 12st4lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 27.8 Loss: 4st5.8lb(26.43%)
Thank you for your reply :) I thought I'd just try and if I felt rubbish then stop but I feel great and am near enough fully recovered from birth. Ive never had this much energy. Wow that's a great weight loss well done to you. Hopefully I can be the same.
Fair play to you. I would definitely recommend that you purchase some biotin now as you will be due hair fall pp and you don’t want to have a double whammy x