Extra Easy Tracking Food

UmmZakaria

Hi everyone,

I only joined SW yesterday (and please ignore my signature, it's well in need of an update!)

I love the sound of the EE plan and it's going well so far (I'm full so that can only be a good thing!). I'm just wondering if anyone has any tips for tracking their food intake? Are there any apps or does anyone have any tips? I'm a bit rubbish at writing things down.

Also do you track EVERYTHING or just syns, healthy extras etc?

A lot of us keep food diaries on here to keep us on the straight and narrow! I've done it since about April. Found recording on the SW website a bit of a faff, and don't really like carrying around a paper food diary x

I personally keep a paper copy and also post on here and I write EVERYTHING down. I only keep a paper copy because I dont like using my phone to come on this site and the days where I don't get on as much (weekends) I like to write it down so I don't miss anything out x

I record everything that passes my lips on my diary here. I have the app on my phone so as soon as I've eaten, I update my diary.

I like it as it helps me begin to recognise patterns of things that work and don't work and make me aware of what I'm eating. It also gives me the opportunity to have a read back over it all if I get a bit stuck in a rut and need some fresh food inspiration!x

I write absolutely everything down in a little notepad so I can refer back if I have a particularly good or bad week. I have heard a few people mention using the app my fitness pal to record their food intake too

I record what I eat in my phone notes. I don't write ingredients for meals and I would write salad instead of writing lettuce, tomatoes, etc. so I do look for easier ways of recording but it's just for me to read. I find it helps me know exactly how many syns I've had, if I've had my HEa because somehow I seem to forget stuff like that.

I use Fitness Pal as I like to see the calorie intake as well as sticking to EE

Thanks for the tips everyone! I think I'll try the notes on my phone. I'm trying it to think about calories etc as obsessing over them is what has brought me to SW ;) Just need to keep a proper note so I don't kid myself!

I also write in a notepad but i also take a pic of all my meals & post them on *********, i follow a few slimming worlders on ********* & it's good to see what others eat visually x

Back