Treat Night - Do you do it? What do you have?

My 'treat' is a few vodka's on a friday and / or saturday night, mainly because whenever i've dieted before it's always taken over my life and this time i really don't want it to. If i get to goal a bit slower because of it i can honestly say i'm ok with that - long gone are my days of sitting at home scared to go out in case i gained!!

Completely agree with you Tara. That attitude will make it easier to stay slim when we get to our goals.

I have a chinese takeaway, chicken fried rice, for tea the evening of weigh in day. I dont syn it & I dont feel guilty over it. I suppose if I done weekly syns I would still be within my weekly limit because I usually only use around 10 syns a day but I dont really count them that way coz it all just gets too complicated then. I make sure its just one meal though & not a whole evening of snacking... I still have my normal synned treats in the evening which kind of makes me feel as though I have stayed on plan :)

My 'treat' is a few vodka's on a friday and / or saturday night, mainly because whenever i've dieted before it's always taken over my life and this time i really don't want it to. If i get to goal a bit slower because of it i can honestly say i'm ok with that - long gone are my days of sitting at home scared to go out in case i gained!!

Im 100% with this also, couldn't have said it better. In the week I make up for my weekends x

I haven't done treat night yet but when I was on slimming world a few years ago our treat was a chinese takeway from a local chinese that done slimming world food (AMAZING!!) and I'd count whatever syns was in that usually 2 or 3. A bottle of 12 syns wine from Aldi. and chips and prawn crackers were the treat/cheat! :p

Really used to get me through the week. Although the weigh in was on wednesday night so thursday morning school run was always a bit hairy!

I have a within syn Chinese takeaway after weigh in. I eat just super free in weigh day so come home and have chow mein, boiled rice and beef in oyster sauce - it's what gets me through the week!

Need to rethink cheat meals now that I now become a pescatarian, used to be a sweet chillies chicken panini from a cafe close to my dad's on a Wednesday lunchtime but now need to change it since cutting out meat

I've not had my first WI yet but my mum and I plan to treat ourselves when we lose a stone...either something to eat which will be syned or a hair cut or something.
I wouldn't wanna treat myself on each WI as I'd feel like I was cheating. To be honest I've been following the plan unofficially for 4 weeks now and not had a takeaway, had a carvery for the old man's birthday though before I started going to group. I would definitely think twice about going out to eat now though.

I have either a Chinese or Indian takeaway (which I syn) or I have the fat on my bacon with my fry up on weigh in morning, boring I know but I like it :)

I only started this week so not sure what I'll do. My problem is once I've had something naughty I can't stop and it carries on for a few days!

Personally I am staying away from takeaways. I am on SW for two weeks now and sometimes, when I give in, it lets the dam open!!

I don't miss it so far and am enjoying the food that I am eating! :)

Me and my cousin both have a treat night on Fridays. We go out to the pub and have a few drinks. We go over syns but we don't care too much. We normally are very good for the rest of the time till weigh in. I think you have to let yourself have a treat, otherwise you run the risk of really going off the wagon and on a binge. But some people can control themselves and don't need any treat days. Besides I suppose there are plenty of treats to be had that won't send you over your syns!

I don't do it, I try to be good as much as possible.

At the moment, I am trying to stay away from takeaways as sometimes that sets me off on a bad path :eek:

Back