Treated myself today

BritMumInCanada

Gold Member
As well as the syn treats I bought today (see my "when out for lunch" thread). I also treated myself to a new handbag, purse and some make up items, as well as the Cook Yourself Thin recipe book (US version). Has some yummy recipes in it, which I can't wait to try.

Oh and a really good thing I found today in the book shop, was a recipe journal which has dividers for all the different types of meals, i.e soups, lunches, dinners, desserts etc. So I am going to add all my tried and tested recipes to it. A bit like my own recipe book. lol

Anyway the point in my post was - isn't it weird how even non food items can help motivate you?

Last edited:
not weird at all hun, I have my eyes on this lovely size 12 dress and a pair of knee high boots that WILL fit me if I lose 2lb a week from now til Christmas! :D

Non food items FTW!!!

ps handbags are my weakness - what did you get? What's it like?

ps handbags are my weakness - what did you get? What's it like?

I love bags too, however I am not as bad as I used to be. It is just a plain black one, with some nice buckles on it. Will take a picture of it and post it on my blog. I got it from Target.

My purse I got is brilliant, can fit so much in it and it has a little hidden calculator and diary type thing in it.

Are the boots the ones from Harvey Nichols ;)

Hee no they're from Office, but they're big and zippy and a bit clumpy and riotgrrrlllll! And I WANT!

I'll check your handbag photo out tomorrow and be very jealous no doubt. Jealous enough already of Special K pretzel bars!!!

I'll check your handbag photo out tomorrow and be very jealous no doubt. Jealous enough already of Special K pretzel bars!!!

LOL you should of seen my face when I found those on the shelf. I was hugging them like someone was going to come along a fill their trolley with them all.

Hubby thinks he is having some. Yeah right, dream ON hubby. hehe

Good for you- little treats every now and then (or more often!) are fantastic. The first time I got to goal I treated myself for every 7 pounds I lost and I still call a pair of tan knee-high boots that I have my 'half stone boots'. I went shopping yesterday too and got the most FAB-U-LOUS shoes (I lurve shoes) and my sister got me the most gorgeous little slinky cardigan as part of my birthday but was gutted when I got home and it fitted perfectly everywhere other than over my giant chesticles. My birthday is in three weeks and if I have to get a boob job before then it will bloomin well fit!

15hlsf4.jpg

Last edited:
I have a monsoon dress I got in a charity shop years ago to slim into! I can now do the zip up and another half stone will have me wearing it!

I'm begining to collect bags too! I got a lovely red one in Portugal last year, it "spoke" to me through the window!

None foodie treats are much better, for one thing they last longer lol. They serve as a permanent reminder of how far I have come on my journey an can give me that little push when I have a bad day.

Good for you- little treats every now and then (or more often!) are fantastic. The first time I got to goal I treated myself for every 7 pounds I lost and I still call a pair of tan knee-high boots that I have my 'half stone boots'. I went shopping yesterday too and got the most FAB-U-LOUS shoes (I lurve shoes) and my sister got me the most gorgeous little slinky cardigan as part of my birthday but was gutted when I got home and it fitted perfectly everywhere other than over my giant chesticles. My birthday is in three weeks and if I have to get a boob job before then it will bloomin well fit!

15hlsf4.jpg
Love these shoes OMG I am always buying shoes, hubby goes nuts about it lol

Well get yourself to Peacocks cos I got these in the sale for a tenner- I mean, how can you not buy them at that price?!

Back