Treats and Motivation :o)

TaraLove

Just bought three beautiful dresses from asos, one in an 18, one in a 16 and one in a 14 ... 14 is my target size, wanna have something to look forward to getting into each step down. I'm a size 22 atm. Hoping i'll atleast be able to look good in the 18 by my birthday in november.

what do you ladies do for motivation and treats, when i loose a stone i'm treating my to nice massage :eek:) and gonna do something for each stone i loose (I Have almost 10 to go! lol) wooohooo lets do this !

p.s. the asos sale is amazing, i paid £50 altogether!!!!

I've treated myself to manicures along the way or new clothes

My ultimate Xmas goal is the American apparel disco pants that Jessie j wears. Extra small have asked oh for them for Xmas

I got skinny jeans in various sizes from primark as goals and a pair of shorts in a 6 which is my goal

It's nice to have mini goal clothes along the way to spur you on

Your will soon be in those 18s and smaller xxx

£50 altogether?! May have to have a nose! :D

I gave myself rewards for each stone lost - I gained: a snazzy pair of patterned tights, an expensive lipstick, a new pair of running trainers and a hair cut :)

My 5th stone lost treat is meant to be a full body massage ;) not sure am ready yet confidence wise though to have my bits rubbed down!

I havent planned a target weight treat as yet think I'll see how i survive christmas break first haha I have concert tickets for just before christmas & my goal is to reach a 4 stone loss by then, I have planned my outfit in my head (not bought yet as only on Day 3 but finding it easy so far) good luck all with your motivations xx its taken me 2 yrs to get my inspiration back!

Wow Sezzy - congrats on reaching your goal today!!!!!!!!!!!!! I aspire to be you in a few months time - I have about a stone more to lost though but am a few inches taller. Would you mind if I asked what you have changed in dress size? I'm finding it hard to visualise where I will be at at my goal since I have never been in the "healthy" weight range in my adult life:(

Sorry just re-read that - i mean i have about a stone more than you to lose altogether, I am still more than 4 stone from my target

Mismax- I'm also 5 9 and at 12st 4 (what I got to on cd first time) I was 37, 29, 41 if that helps. As you can see however, I am seriously pear shaped!

I started to treat myself to nice body creams and such like as I went along. Now-a-days I treat myself to the steam room after I work out at the gym. The main 'treat' I gave myself on the way through was to update my list of mini goals every week. My mini goals included weight related things - such as lose 1 stone, 2 stone through to 9 stone and 25%/50%/75% lost - clothes related things - such as size 22 through to 10 - and random other things - such as being able to zip up knee high boots or getting a personal trainer. Every week after weigh in I read through the list of goals and moved any of them as appropriate from the todo list to the done list. This was hugely reinforcing. Now that I'm at the maintenance end of the journey I intend to add some fitness things - in fact I've just achieved my first fitness goal - to be able to hold the plank position for 30 seconds!

I know this doesn't sound like a treat but it feels like a treat to me. I get all of the positive feelings that I would get from a treat.

Oh - one thing I did do at goal was to go to a Debenhams personal shopper and let them dress me! Not only was is fun but also they got me to try things that I would never nirmally have tried - some of which I liked and some not! Having lost so much weigt I didn't have a full view of all of the things which might look good.

I started to treat myself to nice body creams and such like as I went along. Now-a-days I treat myself to the steam room after I work out at the gym. The main 'treat' I gave myself on the way through was to update my list of mini goals every week. My mini goals included weight related things - such as lose 1 stone, 2 stone through to 9 stone and 25%/50%/75% lost - clothes related things - such as size 22 through to 10 - and random other things - such as being able to zip up knee high boots or getting a personal trainer. Every week after weigh in I read through the list of goals and moved any of them as appropriate from the todo list to the done list. This was hugely reinforcing. Now that I'm at the maintenance end of the journey I intend to add some fitness things - in fact I've just achieved my first fitness goal - to be able to hold the plank position for 30 seconds!

I know this doesn't sound like a treat but it feels like a treat to me. I get all of the positive feelings that I would get from a treat.

Oh - one thing I did do at goal was to go to a Debenhams personal shopper and let them dress me! Not only was is fun but also they got me to try things that I would never nirmally have tried - some of which I liked and some not! Having lost so much weigt I didn't have a full view of all of the things which might look good.

Congratulations Weasey! The plank does sound like a treat, i cant wait till i can do the one hand ones where you reach up and twist your body to the side - geez, i have yoga pics up on my wall as inspiration, i wanna be fit too!
Body creams and such sound lovely

and ooooo the getting dressed up sounds like so much fun! i'm gonna nick that one ;o)

Wow Sezzy - congrats on reaching your goal today!!!!!!!!!!!!! I aspire to be you in a few months time - I have about a stone more to lost though but am a few inches taller. Would you mind if I asked what you have changed in dress size? I'm finding it hard to visualise where I will be at at my goal since I have never been in the "healthy" weight range in my adult life:(

Snap i haven't been a healthy weight my whole life either, i dont even know if my body can get down to a 12, and cant imagine it being a 14 which is why 14 is the target.... i have no idea how i'll look that size but so excited to find out! woooo

Well done on 4 weeks in you must be feeling great :) almost two stone already - noice

I havent planned a target weight treat as yet think I'll see how i survive christmas break first haha I have concert tickets for just before christmas & my goal is to reach a 4 stone loss by then, I have planned my outfit in my head (not bought yet as only on Day 3 but finding it easy so far) good luck all with your motivations xx its taken me 2 yrs to get my inspiration back!

i put my target as the heaviest i can be in the healthy BMI chart but i have no idea if i can actually weigh that little, always been a big girl. time will tell.
I wanna reach 4 stone loss by christmas too, lets do it!

£50 altogether?! May have to have a nose! :D

I gave myself rewards for each stone lost - I gained: a snazzy pair of patterned tights, an expensive lipstick, a new pair of running trainers and a hair cut :)

My 5th stone lost treat is meant to be a full body massage ;) not sure am ready yet confidence wise though to have my bits rubbed down!

well done on your weight loss sezzy! the treats sound lovely. i wouldnt feel comfortable to go anywhere but there is a place i get my legs waxed and the lady that does my legs is lovely - trust her so would be comfy with her massaging me.. lol we so silly huh

I've treated myself to manicures along the way or new clothes

My ultimate Xmas goal is the American apparel disco pants that Jessie j wears. Extra small have asked oh for them for Xmas

I got skinny jeans in various sizes from primark as goals and a pair of shorts in a 6 which is my goal

It's nice to have mini goal clothes along the way to spur you on

Your will soon be in those 18s and smaller xxx

oo those are some cool pants, fingers crossed you get em and show them off on new years in your sexy slim and save legs :eek:) heheee i hope my high and motivation lasts, right now i'm sooo excited lol im on day three and 8lbs off (i know its mostly glycogen stores, but good to know i must be in ketosis by now and burning fat like a machine) :)

Thanks Tara and mismax ^_^ you're both doing so damn well too! :cool:

mismax - size wise, I started off at about a 16/18 all over =/ now though, am a very comfortable size 10 (maybe smidge smaller but dont think quite an 8!) on the bottom and probably about 12/14 on the top.....sucks being apple shaped! :mad:

Thanks for that Sezzy - so hopefully my goal of being a size 12 at 11 stone might be realistic? I have always been the same size top and bottom but not sure what is going to happen to my chest with this weight loss! I've gone down a cup size already from a D to a C and would rather not drop any further than that but hey, it will be more in proportion I suppose:eek:

myself and OH are rewarding ourselves with a small treat for every half stone and a bigger treat for every stone. So this avo I am th oing for a manicure and facial as my stone and half stone reward as I saved them together. Can't wait! Going to get my teeth whitened for my end of diet phase 1 goal (12weeks). I have to yhink of this diet in phases of time ie 12 week blocks as it makes it far easier than thinking of losing nearly 6 stone!

Not sure what stone-age you'd have to be to get to what size as everyone is different :hmm:

I think yours is a very plausible goal though! Best of luck hun :D

myself and OH are rewarding ourselves with a small treat for every half stone and a bigger treat for every stone. So this avo I am th oing for a manicure and facial as my stone and half stone reward as I saved them together. Can't wait! Going to get my teeth whitened for my end of diet phase 1 goal (12weeks). I have to yhink of this diet in phases of time ie 12 week blocks as it makes it far easier than thinking of losing nearly 6 stone!

me too - i have ten to loose, did it in 12 weeks blocks targets in a lil weightloss diary i wrote out. my first 12 weeks is up just before my birthday so massive motivation :eek:)
Enjoy your facial and manicure - sounds divine

mismax - i woner how my boobs are gonna go down when i loose all the weight too - though i hope they do get smaller they're bloody massive lol i dont wanna be walking around like pamela a ;)

Thanks stepup fairy - you;ve done amazing!

Back