Tricked out of the magic K

joshuasmummy

Boy am I angry
I went to a friends for dinner yesterday and normally id take my own lunch however she was having steak so I thought id be ok
I didnt realise she had marinaded it in sauce which I couldnt even taste to be honest till she showed me the bottle
Mega carb overload and im out of Mr K and no joke have gained 6 pounds overnight
Apart from drink lots of water which I have been doing is there anything else I can do to encorage Kaytosis and when do you think it may return
A very cross Alliexx

It is impossible to gain six pounds of fat overnight!! You will be back in K by the end of the week, worry not!

Just keep it clean and green Allie. I have done the same before, TT is right, technically you can't gain 6lbs overnight, but I have seen the same effect, stick to it and it will go love.

Stick with it jm. You’re bound to have the odd set back, but remember it is a marathon and not a sprint. You’ll be back on course in no time.

well im 3 pounds yp this morning so it is going at leat
The funny thing is ive got cravings for biscuits
Kaytosis come back I miss you!!!

You're craving sweet stuff because you are out of ketosis and your body is burning carbs and not fat again Allie.

well im not giving in
I will plan a busy day so theres no chance of me finding the biscuit tin lol
Touch wood by tommorow then my K should be back
Is the weight water?

could be water weight, in which case you need to drink more so your body releases it. :)

The weight is glycogen - stored carbohydrates ready to be used, thats why you put the weight on so quickly because as soon as you eat carbs you then have glycogen stores again. This will happen every time you eat carbs, so needs to be realised when (if) you do re-introduce them into your diet that this is not a fat gain, it is just what your body needs to do to use carbs as fuel. You also store more water when you have carbs in your system.

The weight should go again as soon as back in ketosis, apart from maybe a lb max if you were really unlucky.

Keep up the good work. xx

Joshua's Mummy - I'm feeling for you, but I'm amazed by this thread - could a marinade really do so much harm? Was that the only extra carb you had to cause the damage. It's quite scary such a small thing can have such a catastrophic result!

yes thats all I had honest
Im very carb wise nowadays lol
I was hoping to be at my goal by when I go on holiday in the begining of July but I cannot see that happening now
To be fair it couldnt have been carb laden as I was back in Kaytosis 48 hours after eating it

Keep going Allie! In the Atkins book it says it takes your body 48 hours to use up its glucose stores and so turn to fat for fuel (aka ketosis). As I assume you didn't overeat (and start carb loading) then you'll be back with Mr K pronto. Also, have you read Laura C's post on ketosis? It's worth a look.

All the best xx

I bet you did Allie. Dirty Carbs! :(

Back