Trusting the plan...

Ela ine

Likes to post, and eat.
Hi all!
Wanted to say a quick thanks - thanks to you guys and the support on here I am 100% back on track. Last 5lbs last week and 2 and a half this week...

Have an issue though, week 3 on giving it 100% and I feel really guilty!
I know the plan works, and I know that 99% of the time, by following the plan er are naturally limiting our calorie intake, yes - wonderful! The amazing wonder of slimming world! :bunnydance:

However, on days like today when I really do take 'advantage' of free foods I am (and I know I shouldn't be) in the back of my mind counting my calorie intake and feeling bad about it!

On days that you stay within the plan, weigh and measure your HE's, have a normal amount of syns ( say 5) can you really still have an unlimited amount of free food? Vege, salad, cottage cheese, eggs and meat?

Am I still 100% on plan if I have eaten quite a bit of food? (1,900 cals for eg)

I won't bore you with what I ate today and then since being home from work,,, and I know the plan works, but so far it's worked for me by sticking to it whilst also counting calories ... I hope this makes sense and I don't just sound really stupid - does anyone else have problems trusting the plan?

Sorry if I sound lame!

Elaine xx

Gosh you have done so well.

I can not give you any clever answer I only know that I eat really well, I eat the free foods listed in the books whenever I feel I need them and stick religiously to my HEX's and syns. For example today I have had 10 and a half syns so far and will have 2 more before I go to bed in an options drink.

My weight loss has been good. I too had a time in the wilderness after Christmas but like you I am back on track and losing again.

Counting calories has never occurred to me. I just have faith in a very tried and tested plan that has existed for more years than some of our members have lived.(1969)

Stick with it. Enjoy a diet that allows us so much freedom.

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

A few weeks in i started thinking the same thing about the amount of calories i was eating and looked at it abit more. Basically, if you were to lie in bed and not move at all all day you would burn 1200 cals a day. Walking 1/2 a hour burns abour 150-200 cals. Then you take into account the fact you are v unlikely to lie about doing nothing all day so will burn more than 1200 just in your normal daily activites.

Essentially, what i'm saying is that you can still lose weight whilst eating 1900 cals. You just need to be careful not to overeat and to stop when u are full. If you are hungry between meals, go for supetfree first as this, along with 1/3rd superfree at meals will naturally limit your calorie intake.

It's also worth noting how little fat you eat on SW - this will mean you start burning your fat reserves.

I stopped worrying about it now and just follow the plan - cos it works :)

I can't explain it either at times. Trust the plan though as it truly works.

I think it is my combining the correct foods and not mixing too much of the wrong ones. I know people who have strayed "slightly" off plan and been disappointed, where others stick 100% to plan, eat like a king, lose regally (see what I did there) and are satisfied.

Unlimited free and superfree should be treated as "as much as you need" - as for counting calories, with SW you don't need to, 1900 will scare you lol.

I trust the plan totally (sorry I can't spell implicitly)

fillymum said:
Gosh you have done so well.

I can not give you any clever answer I only know that I eat really well, I eat the free foods listed in the books whenever I feel I need them and stick religiously to my HEX's and syns. For example today I have had 10 and a half syns so far and will have 2 more before I go to bed in an options drink.

My weight loss has been good. I too had a time in the wilderness after Christmas but like you I am back on track and losing again.

Counting calories has never occurred to me. I just have faith in a very tried and tested plan that has existed for more years than some of our members have lived.(1969)

Stick with it. Enjoy a diet that allows us so much freedom.

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Thanks hun! And well done, sounds like you're doing fab! You're right - I should enjoy this diet and not be scared of it :p I will trust the plan! I will I will! I am following the plan - just scared to let go... I don't mean have a binge - I mean scared to stop counting, in the back of my mind (if that makes sense) x

kingleds said:
A few weeks in i started thinking the same thing about the amount of calories i was eating and looked at it abit more. Basically, if you were to lie in bed and not move at all all day you would burn 1200 cals a day. Walking 1/2 a hour burns abour 150-200 cals. Then you take into account the fact you are v unlikely to lie about doing nothing all day so will burn more than 1200 just in your normal daily activites.

Essentially, what i'm saying is that you can still lose weight whilst eating 1900 cals. You just need to be careful not to overeat and to stop when u are full. If you are hungry between meals, go for supetfree first as this, along with 1/3rd superfree at meals will naturally limit your calorie intake.

It's also worth noting how little fat you eat on SW - this will mean you start burning your fat reserves.

I stopped worrying about it now and just follow the plan - cos it works :)

Ah thanks poppet! You're so right - I am also working out so chances are I could still lose eating 1,900 calories worth of... Beans on toast for example - but eatif energy dense foods such as protein (LOTS) will help my body burn fat? Is that what you mean? I know I *should* forget the numbers! I'm going to try -
And trust 'till weigh in but I'm so close to my stone award! Yikes!

Thanks for the advice lovely, and good luck! x

Maximus said:
I can't explain it either at times. Trust the plan though as it truly works.

I think it is my combining the correct foods and not mixing too much of the wrong ones. I know people who have strayed "slightly" off plan and been disappointed, where others stick 100% to plan, eat like a king, lose regally (see what I did there) and are satisfied.

Unlimited free and superfree should be treated as "as much as you need" - as for counting calories, with SW you don't need to, 1900 will scare you lol.

I trust the plan totally (sorry I can't spell implicitly)

Is food combining the science behind it? as opposed to basic physics (well maths) of calories in v calories out?

I am going to try and trust it! Damn my teenage years of counting EVERYTHING and not only knowing the calorie content of far too many food items - but being able to pedantically estimate too! Yuck!!

Sw ftw! Just got to have faith!!

Well done on how far you have come! You're all amazing and so inspirational! x

Back