Try this to make a cheesecake-its really nice

andju

I lurve lurve lurve bars
melt a peanut bar in the microwave for about 30 seconds,i only used half a bar.It goes sort of soft so you can squash it flat with a spoon,dont squash it too much though or you will never be able to eat it without a sledgehammer.Then i used a vanilla pack, mix the powder with half tea spoon of orange flavouring and scoop of mixamousse stir together then add the water,cant remember how much just what it says on mixamousse pot give it a good shake pour it over the bar and leave to set.
Its kind of like a cheesecake cos the bar is the base but you do have to lever the bar out, try and leave a few gaps between it if you can when you squash it for when you eat it, so you can get the spoon in it ,might be an idea to pat it rather than squash it.Youll find out what i mean im sure.
Let me know what you think
Julie xx

I find it easier to empty the pack into a bowl and mix in the mixamousse and the flavouring then put it in the blender and add the water and get it going quick that way it doesnt congeal.

Last edited:
im gonna give that a try it sounds really good... although most of my efforts 2 do anything with any of the pks fail lol i tried the muffin and well... all i can say is it ended in the bin .. but ill give this 1 a go xx

Just make sure only to leave the bar in long enough to be able to squash it,also mix the mixamousse powder with the pack before adding the water.

Doesn't microwaving the bar alter the nutritional content of the bar? I would be concerned about that as Cambridge information my CDC provided doesn't say you can microwaves bars? Don't mean to be a kiljoy.

i dont care about the nutrition thingy if it tastes good:D lol ... no seriously i dnt think id be eating something like that more than a couple of times a week so i dont think the odd once would matter? would it? xx

Yeah! Your probably right Sue! Sorry, I today is my re-re-re-re (lost count!) start since 21 August! So trying to be very strict on the following CD to a tee! Didn't mean to sound miserable!

I dont think it will do a lot to be honest it only needs a few seconds just to go soft,depends on your microwave

dont worry kira u didnt hun not at all im on week 2 of restart and i know how tough it is hope its goin well 4 u xxxx

mmmmmmm, that sounds rather nice! God i miss cheesecake!

It sounds like it is a blast of a few seconds -- so long as it is less than a minute the nutrients will be fine (the porridge gets a minutes in the mw). Also, I think it would be fine for the odd treat, and not with every pack. So long as you don't mess with more than one pack a day you will get all your nutrients. Sounds yumm. Very clever of you!

I go to the same CD group as Julie and she brought in some cheesecake for us to try last week - I can definitely vouch that it's yummy! :gimi:

Silly billy,have you made it yet Im going to start a new thread so I can chat to you there x

Ladies you have convinced me to at least give it a go! Once again for any negativity in my original post! Clearly I must have gotten out of the wrong side of the bed this morning!

Dont worry about that,i was thinking if you didnt want to microwave the bar if it was at room temp you could probably squash it anyway,if youre Arnold Swarzzeneger that is!!

Aah bless ya Penny,it does make a change doesnt it,has anyone else tried making it yet?
xx

Back