Trying a fresh!

That's bizarre if you're following it 100%???
I know I can be bad at weekends, so if I have two days out of 7 off plan I can't exactly expect to lose.. My will power is poor! Hence having a go with 5:2 - it didn't really appeal to me before, but I just want the last bit off.
I sometimes think my mid week WI's lure me into a false sense of thinking it might be a good one, then perhaps subconsciously I am being less good.
What about changing WI to Monday? That way if you're inclined to go off plan at weekends, you might be less inclined so? It is fri you WI ATM?
Hoe the scales show some changes before fri hun

I am totally not on plan at weekends, and I can even convince myself that it'll be ok even when I am not. I so know what you mean, you should not give up though if you want the weight off - perhaps try a 100%week (like properly ;) and see what happens. I know I was a lot less 'flexible' when I used to go to class 8years ago. They weight did not come off quickly, but I lost 1st 10lb and got to target (well, pregnant! ) I was definitely a lot more strict with myself then as there was no hiding from it - I was paying to be weighed and then would stay to class, so you had to talk about it too! I definitely think you need more willpower to do SW from home - you can do it Chloe :)

Yeh i know i need to do that. Im also going to move away from ee plan for abit i think. Last year i lost a stone on red and green plan, i never lost on ee so maybe its that. To be honest in 8 weeks iv lost nothing, i lost 7lb, put 3lb on so really in 8lbs iv lost 4lb which is crap! So really i need to change my mindset or all of this will be pointless. Its just annoying when you feel like you try so hard and see no results

I can totally sympathise - I lost most of mine in the first three months then I have spent three months up and down! It can be completely demotivating.
I tried EE and don't get on with it- so I just use it now on occasion when it's easier not to weight stuff like bbqs and meals out, so never really more than once a week. When I lost 8 years ago it was 95% on green- EE didn't exist! Ha
I am so in need of a boost, hence trying 5:2
I never find eating the right things easy when I am not busy either.. I've been winding down the last couple of weeks, no college etc, but hoping with the kids off in the hols they will keep me on my toes!
Stay positive Hun and just make a couple of changes for the week, and give it your best :)

Right, today I am going for another fast day, then tomorrow will be SW and then WI on Friday :) I really hope this works!
Using MFP for cal counting

Ha ha! Easier than the first one as I was more planned (ish!) but still hard- I drank a lot which isn't such a bad thing in this heat, and my dinner was amazing :) just because it was the most filling meal I've had all day ( around 200 cal!)
I'm looking forward to seeing if its boosted Friday..
I've been hungry, but not overly.. Certainly better than the Ducan - which was horrific for me in comparison- I tried it last year and it was definitely not for me!!!

How's your day been? Hope you're feeling a bit more motivated :)

Back to SW today..
Managed to resist the scales again.. So shall see tomorrow if this 5:2 is working!

Breakfast - alpen lights, banana, melon
Lunch - basa fillet, lettuce, red onion, cucumber, Kraft ff dressing,
Snack - aldi quavers (3)
Dinner -
Drinks - tea, plenty sf squash

Waaaaah, I have my long awaited appt with the spinal man this afternoon - I'm strangely excited as its another step towards a resolution!

146lb this morning! Woo! That's 1.5 off! And the lowest I have been so far I think! Back in the game and 6lb to go :)

Thanks Chloe!
Just hope another week of it keeps going:)

Last edited:
So, after a flexible 5:2 / SW weekend, I am back on a fast day.
Not been too bad and I'm on about 529 cals today.
Got my daughter and sons performance to watch tonight so having a 5.15ish dinner, and may allow myself an alpen light later this evening if I need it. Which will take me up to 600 cal, but I think I did roughly 600s last week.
Breakfast - porridge and water
Lunch - couscous and butternut squash
Dinner - chicken breast and new pots and a tomato
Drinks - tea, black coffee, fizzy water

Ended up having the alpen light so 600 cals today.
Feeling good!

Tuesday - greeeeeen

B - museli and skimmed, tea
L - couscous with butternut squash and cheddar
D - slimming world chips, Linda sausages and grilled toms and mushrooms
Snack - alpen light,melon, apple

Been for blood tests this morning as per the surgeons request and did my early morning wee sample.. Still just waiting on another MRI - they are supposed to be calling me so still hoping it'll be quicker than the paperwork route!
Kids last day of school today - I can't wait to not have to get up in the morning! It's been such a long term and they are so tired.

Tuesday - green

B muesli and milk, tea
L couscous, butternut squash, cheese (a)
D sw chips, Linda mc sausages, tomato, mushroom, egg, mayo (1) choc mousse (5) wine (10)
Snack - melon, apple, alpen light, cottage cheese, 1x ryvita
D - tea, liquorice tea, water, blk coffee

Last edited:
Fasting today..
Kids first day off school and trying to keep busy:)
Walked the 50mins to town to save on fuel and wear them out!

9.30 porridge and water
L couscous with butternut squash
D Linda mc sausages x 2 mushrooms, tomatoes
Snack - alpen light
Drink - tea, black coffee, water

Oops, we basically walked / scooted z 5 mile round trip today!
I wore the wrong shoes and have blisters!
Kids did amazingly though :)

Back