Trying again with an unexpected twist! Will i be able to do it?

phatmomma

I've yet to go to sign up for my w/w class, it will be 'd' day for me on Monday. I'm not sure how or if w/w will work for me, i'm so aware of the fact that for any diet to work you have to 'eat' properly and also be aware not to 'starve' yourself. So a little about me and my twist................ Please don't judge me, i'm here for all the help and support i can get off everyone....

My name is Julie, i'm 43 yrs old and weigh around 16 stone. Approximately 8 months ago i had a gastric bypass, and although i lost just over 4stone in the first 5 months after that my losses slowed down to virtually nothing. After a couple of months of little or no change and umming and ahhing about going back to a slimming club i've finally decided i need too. I need the rigidity of counting points/syns/calories, of totting up if i can have a curly wurly....

I have no idea how pro points works but it all looks very scientific and tailored towards my dietary needs of protein based meals....

So wish me luck, i'll put the correct stats in when i've been weighed on Monday and am hoping to make some good friends on my journey. I'm hoping to lose around 4 stone and for once in my life think i may well get there....

Feel free to ask questions, post comments, do anything but please don't think my commitment to w/w is any less than yours xxxx

hey well done and good luck... i'm new to the propoints WW but did WW last year and lost 1.5 stone am back again after trying slimming world and lying to myself that a plate of homemade chips was free LOL no wonder i didn't loose anything...

the boards here are great for motivation, hope to "see" you around xx

Lou, you will definitely see me around, i am so excited to be starting ww and to get the scales moving again for me :)

Good luck to you, please be sure to keep me updated with your losses xx

its all in the forward planning.
after class try and go shopping and make sure you have plenty of good choice food in and plenty of low pointsnacks and fruit.

Good luck Julie, let us know how you get on tonight. I've done every diet under the sun but just started WW for the first time about 3 weeks ago. Loving it so far never hungry and your right it does seem really scientific.

I too couldn't eat all the 'free food' on SW and lose weight Lou.

don't be silly.. course we wouldn't judge you! we're all in the same boat here and, surgery or not, we all have to have the same commitment to the plan or it won't work. wishing you all the best and hope you have some fab losses! :D xx

Back