Trying again...

I successfully managed to lose weight with Slimming World a few years ago but a few years of distractions, laziness and unexpected events mean that I'm now heavier than ever. Sigh.

Well, I've now moved past the ignoring it stage and the moping phase and into the 'Let's do something about it'. This diary is a place for me to share how i'm doing and how i'm feeling.

So what have I done so far?

Well, this is officially Day One but yesterday I went to the gym for 35 minutes (first time back in a LONG TIME) and planned out my meals for the week. I think that's where I've failed before when I've tried to restart - not being suitably prepared.

So it's only mid-morning but so far I've:
  • Drank a lot of water
  • Had delicious Overnight Oats (HEB) with Muller light strawberry yoghurt (FREE) and Summer Fruits (FREE) for breakfast
  • Had a black tea with one sugar (1 SYN) - I'm going to phase out the sugar!
  • Had a banana for a mid-morning snack
I'm feeling good so far but there's a long way to go. I've also made plans to go to the gym again tonight with my husband so feeling positive about that.

I've also signed up for the PACT app where you have to pay a fine if you don't meet your goals (Gym, fruit and veg and logging food) but can get a reward if you do achieve it. I probably won't keep doing that but I thought it would help me get started.

Thanks for stopping by!

Ok, so I clearly failed last time. But y'know, you pick yourself back up and try again...

So here's my current situation. I'm the heaviest I've ever been and need to do something about it. It's been hard recently because I'm been really struggling with my anxiety and depression but I have to push through and get active and proactive - it will probably even help.

I started Slimming World last Wednesday and even though I had a much better week food-wise than I had been doing, it wasn't anywhere near 100% on plan. My syns were over most days. BUT, I did lose 5 and a half pounds which I'm really chuffed with! So I really need to try now.

I didn't get chance to make my breakfast/lunch this morning but I made some healthy decisions - I bought a Mullet Light yoghurt and fruit pot for my breakfast and the tesco falafel salad for lunch (5.5 syns). I don't really want the yoghurt dressing though so might knock a syn or two off for that!

Hope its working out for you. Its never easy trying to lose weight. I have like a 100 posts all different diets lol. We got this. Well done.

Back