Trying out JUDDD - any advice

Do the DD have to be so low? Can you increase the DD and decrease the UD or does it not have the same effect?
Hi the reason for the DD's and then the UP days is so that your body releases a gene nicknamed the 'skinny gene' which stops the body from going into starvation mode and storing food, it does all sorts of wonderful things, Total fasting on alternate days is the absolute ideal but as thats unworkable and unrealistic for most people Dr Joihnson worked out a 20 % reduction rule for initial weightloss. To make it even easier the blanket rule is 500 or under for DD and then eating normally without intentionally overeating on your UP's. If you Upped your DD's and lowered your UP's you wouldn't have the reaction in your body to release the gene, it sounds complicated but its very easy. Like already said if you evened out the cals you would just as well be on a cal counting diet, this is something a bit different, so in short no it wont have the same effect.
Have a look at the Juddd website lots of really easy to understand info on there :)

Thanks guys I have attempted it before but forgot what happened and why. Will take a look and will probably be joining you as can't seem to get into Slimming world :(

The more the merrier, we seem to be growing by the day, love it :D

LizzieF said:
Thanks guys I have attempted it before but forgot what happened and why. Will take a look and will probably be joining you as can't seem to get into Slimming world :(

I've been struggling with Slimming World since January, I eat out too much and struggle to find the time to cook everything from scratch.

I did lose 6 stone with weight watchers a few years ago, but have put 3 stone back on in less than a year.

As soon as I started reading about this diet, I thought it would suit me down to the ground as I am a bit of an all or nothing girl and always felt like a failure on SW as soon as I had one too many syns

Good luck x

I have done SW and WW both which put me in hospital with inflammed stomach linings!!!!

This is fabulous- I have been indigestion and IBS free since I started it and I LOVE it!!!

Welcome to Lizzie :) Its a lovely group and a great plan!!!

Ruth
x

I've noticed I've had a lot of stomach problems since trying SW. Feeling good today - loving planning my UD tomorrow. Feel really positive about this plan :) x

hey curlz!! just popping into say hello..we have similar down day/up day allowances :) I started on tues so down day for me tomorrow x

teetiefunk said:
hey curlz!! just popping into say hello..we have similar down day/up day allowances :) I started on tues so down day for me tomorrow x

Hello! :) How are you finding it so far? I'm loving it. Resisted biscuits and ice Lol's today at work all with the thought, if I really want it, tomorrow I can have it :) I do hope this works for me x

Phoenyx said:
Oh yeah! I've filled out my food diary for tomorrow already with all the yummy stuff I want to eat!!!

I'm so excited about the fact I'm having toast for breakfast tomorrow!!! Hehe! :) x

gentoo said:
I can't imagine it would have the same effect. The idea is to kick your body into ketosis (fat burning) so upping your calories on the DD wouldn't really help. If you wanted to up the DD and lower the UD then you might as well calorie count (usually 1200 to 1400 for most people) everyday.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

This isn't a ketogenic diet: you have to keep your carb intake very low do you exhaust your glycogen stores in your liver in order to go into ketosis. You do this on VLCDs, Atkins and the Dukan diet. But as most people would be having well over 60 carbs on an UP day they would never go into ketosis b

Right guys I am starting my DD today :) I have browsed the JUDD website and think I understand how it works lol. My DD is 411 and my UD is 2056 (with light excercise 1 - 3 days a week - I have twin 6 year old boys so that covers that lol). My starting weight is 11st 11 and I want to be 10st for Christmas. I'm starting on a DD so wish me luck lol. I will be browing the DD receipes for some ideas :)

Welcome! Me and teetiefunk are on DD's as well. Have you got mfp? There's a thread here with user names on it, it's good for dd ideas as well

14 lost : 53 to goal

I have mfp just need to get back into habit of using it. Feeling hungry already lol, but will battle through :) had a cereal bar and a cup of tea so far.....

Good luck Lizzie! My stats are practically the same as yours today(height and weight), so I'm really keen to see how you get on. I'm on S&S to lose another stone and will then move over to JUDDD. Looking forward to inspiration from your experience x

Back