Extra Easy Trying to get to grips with Extra Easy

Buttons

Hi all,

I'm really struggling to get my head around Extra Easy, I feel like I've got it right, and then I'll read something on here which confuses me.

When following EE, must a third of each meal be superspeed food?

Is it OK to snack? If so, is it better to snack on fruit, or is it OK to use free foods (say fish sticks or a FF yogurt for example) or even my sins?

I'm on day 5 and haven't even lost a drop of weight. I do feel like I am consuming more calories than I ever did on WW's.

I look at food diaries here and feel like I am eating far more, I always have a fruit or a yogurt after I meal, I snack etc.

I am breast feeding btw, and from what I gather SW encourages to use up all of my Syns each day.

Sorry for all the questions. I feel like I'm eating super healthy, far more a better diet than on WWs, but feel I'm eating too much, doing it all wrong and feel abit deflated.

Xxx

As you're breast feeding you need to make sure you have extra HEs. You can snack on any of the free or superfree foods. You need to eat all your syns, especially at this time.

It's fine to eat fruit after your meal to make up your 1/3 superfree.

It's better not to weigh yourself between weigh in days as it can lead to disappointments and every set of scales read differently so can't really be compared.

I've only done EE and reached target in September 10. I'm now struggling to maintain as I seem to eat loads but am still losing weight.

Look at your weight loss over a longer period of time, not everyone loses every week. I only lost 1/2lb my first week but loads of people lose much more in their first week, I think it depends on how much you need to lose.

Hope that helps.

Denise

The ideal is for one third of your plate to be superfree foods (not superspeed by the way) - the reason for this is to naturally limit the amount of free food you eat as there is less room for it on the plate

Eating fruit after your meal is not as good to my mind because it does not do this - you eat all your free foods and then eat yet more with the fruit afterwards

You might want to leave one third of your plate empty if you are going to have fruit for dessert as this would reduce your free food intake

For breastfeeding you should use more HEs following this guide

up to 2 months = 3 extra
2-3 months = 4 extra
4-6 months = 3 extra (if weaning)
4-6 months = 4 extra (if baby is not weaning)
Over 6 months = 1 extra (when weaning)

Or eat the fruit before your meal.

When I'm doing EE I don't tend to do the 1/3 of my plate at each meal (on the SW site it says it's a guideline not a rule) but I do snack on superfree, and either my breakfast or lunch are totally superfree with maybe a HEx.

I do eat a lot of fruit and veg. When I'm making a meal like spaghetti bolognese, chilli, or anything like that there's a lot of fresh veg in there chopped up.

Hope this helps.

I try to make a 1/3 of every meal super free, but some meals lend themselves more easily to this than others. I can't ways stick to it 100%, but it doesn't seem to affect me too badly.

Re snacks : I try to have big, filling, free food meals, and not snack, or have fruit if i want something. But I work till 7.30pm some days & so end up eating my tea very late - on those days i often have a mugshot mid-afternoon to keep me going and away from the biscuit tin! And obviously they're not 1/3 superfree.

I love bolognese but am never confident of it being 1/3 sf. I hate peppers and mushrooms- any inspiration if things to put in (I do carrot and celery so far)?

I love bolognese but am never confident of it being 1/3 sf. I hate peppers and mushrooms- any inspiration if things to put in (I do carrot and celery so far)?

Quorn mince is superfree, so you could always add this to minced beef, or replace it completely, to help up the quantities of superfree in the dish. I also add carrots, courgette, onions and mushrooms, all chopped small so it mixes in well. It bulks it out so much I end up with loads of portions!

Oooh I thought quorn was just free. That's made my day!
You do cook it the same right??!

Yeah, exactly the same, well without the 'browning the meat'!

I just checked my syn directory to make sure it was superfree, definately is!

Do you go to group? I do, and i've been weighing at home this week thinking i'm not losing, but then I weighed at the gym and have def lost - perhaps avoid mid week weighing? I was amazed at how much I ate last week, abeit good healthy stuff, and still lost loads of weight!

Quorn used to be superfree (along with eggs and yoghurts) but they definitely changed it so only fruit and veg that were free on both red and green counted as superfree.

If they have changed it back then that is a very recent change.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but Quorn is not superfree, superfree is fruit and non starchy veggies.

In terms of adding other veg, how about courgette and kohl rabi? These don't taste like much and absorb all the other flavours

Onions, carrots, celery, sweetcorn, cherry tomatos, passata, tinned tomatos. You can even shove one of the microwave packert veggies in a spag bowl, I do sometimes lol

Yellow Ribbon said:

I finely grate carrot, squash, parsnip, celeriac, etc. in with the mince, once the sauce is added you can't taste the grated veg but it does bulk it out, also means it goes further.

Sarah-Jayne said:
Onions, carrots, celery, sweetcorn, cherry tomatos, passata, tinned tomatos. You can even shove one of the microwave packert veggies in a spag bowl, I do sometimes lol

Just in case......... Sweetcorn isn't superfree, it's a starchy veg. Baby corn is superfree though.

Thanks guys. I am quite fussy - have only just started eating veg at all really and the ones I like I've never fancied putting in except carrot! I tend to only eat broccoli, cauliflower, carrot. I'll try a new one each time perhaps :)

Back