Trying to Look on the Bright Side

Oinkstop

The ubiquitous "they" say:

In every cloud, there is a silver lining.

Since we got word yesterday that my wife is losing her job as of 3/31, I've been really trying to find that silver lining in the cloud that's come up on our horizon. I've spent the last two days slashing at our budget. I've canceled guitar and piano lessons, canceled my downloadable music subscription, cut back our on DVD rental subscription, disconnected the backup Internet service for our business, and I'm going to call the bottled water delivery company to cancel our deliveries, even though our tap water tastes terrible.

Basically, I've been going through our budget with a fine-tooth comb, looking for ways to save money. None of this is any fun, especially because all these things I'm cutting are small things that make our lives a little more fun, or a little more comfortable.

Although I've been trying to look at the bright side, it's been hard. Although I'm very grateful already bought and paid a three-month supply of Cambridge shake mix, that hasn't seemed like the silver lining I was looking for.

After thinking about it all day, I finally came up with one:

Now that we have to cut back on our spending, eating out is no longer a luxury we can afford. As a result, I'll no longer be tempted by restaurant food.

So, there's my silver lining!

I find I save money on CD as I do not go food shopping!!! I do not drink, I do not need taxis as I can drive, I do not go out half as much,Tescos and cadburys shares have plummeted since I have been on CD

every crisis always comes with a positive, you just have to look hard sometimes to find it, i'm sure your OH will find a better more full filling job......
stay strong and positive
xxxx biltsy

Back