Trying to lose weight with PCOS, planning a wedding and TTC!

hayley86

Hi,

Although I joined over 2 years ago, this is the first time I am actually using this forum, rather than reading the odd couple of posts. I'm hoping to gain as much support from here as possible. You see I have a lot of weight to lose (4-5 stone!!), and have at least 2 incredibly good reasons to do it!

I am getting married in June 2013, and my partner and I are currently trying for a baby. I know, I know. Madness you say - you should leave that until after the wedding. But we have been trying since July 2011 (fiancee proposed xmas day 2011) - I have confirmed PCOS and we don't want to leave it too late incase I have issues/need help. So for now we have agreed to plan a wedding, keep TTC and see how it goes! :)

I thought I'd keep an online diary on here, and hopefully get to know some others in my position (well, at least one or two of the aspects). We haven't told family and friends that we are TTC, incase it takes a long time (don't want people, esp parents and mother in law, asking about my cycle etc all the time!), so I don't really have anyone to talk to about this stuff. Just my partner, but I don't want to talk to him about it all of the time and cast a cloud over our relationship!

It would also be great to share wedding tips with people - we want a nice wedding but we dont want it to cost a fortune - we'd rather spend our money on a house (so when baby does come he has got more than a bottom drawer to sleep in!).

I think I need as much support as possible on the weight loss front as well - I have been trying to lose weight, on and off, for at least 2.5yrs now. I do ok for a while, then it all stops for whatever reason (get bored of diet, stress at work, chrismas etc) , and its not long before I am putting on weight again!

Tomorrow I start on Rosemary Conley (plan from her magazine that I bought on Thursday) and will be getting back to the gym!!

xXx

That is fantastic news - congratulations.

Fantastic news hun. Congratulations!

Back