T's 2 stone lighter journey

teresa32uk

Silver Member
Hello future Slimming World Friends.

I am Teresa and I am 34 years old.
I have struggled with my weight forever and i have tried every diet going, recent ones include Weight Watchers and Calorie Counting but I just cannot seem to stick to anything.

When I was 18 I had my most success on any diet with SW and I lost 2 stone, so I know I can do it.

Food - If it is naughty I want to eat it, my main weakness is sweeties, crisps and chocolate to name but a few.

However, I also know I can do it. A new SW group is starting a week on Tuesday close to my home. But i do not want to wait so I am going to start tomorrow and hopefully with the support on here I can get on the right track and start chipping away at the 2 stone i want to lose.

I want to do this once and for all, so please comment and any support and advice will be greatfully recieved.

Monday - EE
Day One

Today is the start and i thought best way to start is to weigh.
I came in a couple of pounds heavier than Saturday weigh in but i expected this as i have eaten lots of naughty things in preparation for starting SW today. I do wonder why i do this as it just means i have more to lose!!!
I spent most of last night reading through other diaries and this has given me some great ideas and reminders of what I enjoy eating so here goes.

The plan for today

Breakfast - Grilled Bacon, Poached Egg and Grilled Tomatoes
Lunch - Pasta n Sauce, Chicken and Mushroom, Apple and 2 Satsumas
Tea - Northern Catch Thai Salmon Fishcakes with sweet chilli sauce x 2 (2 syns), Salad (Lettuce, Cucumber, Tomato, Mixed Peppers, Celery)
Snacks - 2 slices of 400g loaf with dairylea light - 1 syn, Kiwi Fruit, Strawberry Liquorice - 3.5 syns, Mullerlight
Syns today - 6.5 syns

The purple is my one 3 super speed.
This is something i struggled with in the past so hopefully highlighting these foods will help.
I have taken into work lots of freefood packets, rice, noodles, mugshots etc so i will fill the rest in later.

On a positive note I feel rearing to go and am looking forward to breakfast.

Last edited:
Also my plan this time is to put all my thoughts on here as i do believe i am diet bore and as in the past i am renowned for being a diet failer i have decided this time not to share with anyone but Minimins.
So if i go on I apologise in advance.

Syn value reminders
Vodka - 3 syns
Soft eating strawberry liquorice - 1 piece - 3.5 syns
Wine - 9 syns

Last edited:
Day one complete and i have stuck to plan 100%.
I did find it hard at lunch munching on my apple and satsumas when all around me everyone else was munching crisps, but as i have a night out planned for Friday i wanted to save syns. So i stuck with it and felt great afterwards.

Tea was yummy the Thai Salmon Fishcakes with Sweet Chilli Sauce from Aldi are only £1.99 for 2 and 1 syn each, i could only eat 1 and a bit.

So plan for tomorrow is as follows

Breakfast - Bacon, Mixed Peppers, Mushrooms, Tomatoes, 2 Egg Omelette

Lunch - Thai Mugshot - 0.5syns and Sugarsnap Peas

Tea - Roast Pork, Gravy made with meat juices - 7 syns, Sprouts, Brocolli, Cawliflower, Carrot and Swede

Snacks - 2 Satsumas, 2 Quality Street - 4 syns, Banana, Clementine, Mango,
42g Weetabix Crunchy Bran (HEB)

Syns today - 11.5

Last edited:
Well another great 100% day! That's 2 days down 5 more to go.
Tomorrow is my late shift at work, which is normally a really tough challenge for me as i have a lie in and brunch. This seems to make me lots more hungry then when i get up at 6am and eat breakfast at 7.30am, so I need to plan carefully so I will ensure I have lots of free food ready.

Breakfast - 2 Bacon, 2 Eat Smart Sausages - 1syn, Fried Eggs - 1.5 syns, Mushrooms and Grilled Tomatoes, 2 slices of wholemeal bread (400g loaf)

Lunch - Butternut Squash Soup, Mullerlight, Jacket Potato skin, stuffed with potato, swede, carrot and sprouts

Snacks - 2 satsumas, Sugarsnap Peas, Banana, Mugshot Tomato and Herb.

Glass of red wine - 9 syns

Syns today - 11.5

I have lots of work already planned so that should help me stop picking at the high syn thingys. I really want to do a whole week of 100% to prove I can do it, not to anyone else this time just to me. So fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Last edited:
Here i sit at the end of day 3 with a nice glass of red.
Still stuck to plan and another day 100%.
Didnt get all work done, but made a good in road.
Also i stayed away from the biscuits, quality street, chocolate machine and nothing not synned has passed my lips.
Very pleased and nicely content.

A few added syns today but still in weekly allowance.
Addition cadburys mini animals - 6 syns.
Strawberry liquorice - 3.5 syns.

Woke up today with a gurgling belly, which i am putting down to 2 things.
One is my * week is nearly upon me.
Two is my body does not recognise fruit and vegetables.

The plus side of this is i dont remotely fancy food the downside beign how do i plan when i dont want to eat??

So this plan is not set in stone.

Breakfast - Clementine, Slice of Wholemeal 400g loaf, Baked Beans

Lunch - Mugshot Spicy - 0.5 syns, Butternut Squash, Chilli and Ginger Soup. Sugarsnap Peas

Dinner - Pasta with Arraibata Sauce with pork, Syn Free Garlic Bread

Snacks - Satsuma, Banana, Sugarsnap Peas, 2 Quality Street - 4 syns, Grapes and Melon, 1 x twirl mini bite - 1 syn very small. Wholemeal Bread from 400g loaf with Jam - 1 syn

Syns today - 6.5

Also having my hair chopped today, i have been humming and hahing for weeks, but i going to do it i need a change.

Last edited:
Another day done and i have stayed totally on track.
100% and every morsel that i have eaten i have enjoyed.
All 3 meals i have left food as i have been full, but i have made sure i have ate my free food.
Work was crazy but i did not resort to chocolate from the vending machine i snacked on fruit and sugarsnap.
Really pleased Day 4 is done and dusted.
Lets see what tomorrow brings.....

*week arrived yesterday.
Tried to keep to plan, however i did go over syns.
Still lost 1/2 pound this week though, which is unusual when * week is here.
So pleased and back on plan today

Yesterday didnt really go to plan
I think my head kicked in and said why work hard all week and only lose 1/2lb.
So i ate everything
Mad i know
But going shopping today and back on plan
Hopefully i can counteract 2 bad days, i will try and keep syns to a minimum

Sunday

Extra Easy

No breakfast
Lunch - Boiled Gammon Ham, Mashed Potato, Tomato Ketchup - 1 syn, Pickled Onions, Pickled Red Cabbage
Dinner - Spicy Prawn sauce with Pasta, Red Wine - 7 syns

Snacks - 15g Cadbury Buttons - 4 syns, Melon, 2 slices of wholemeal bread (400g loaf) with jam (1 syn)

Syns - 13

Last edited:
Monday - the plan

Breakfast - 2 bacon, Poached Egg, Mushrooms, Tomatoes
Lunch - Leek and Potato Soup, Mullerlight
Dinner -
Snacks - Melon, 2 fruit at work
Syns

Breakfast was 42g weetabix crunchy with banana didn't really fancy hot food. Work is crazy as normal but i stocked up on fruit so no naughties will pass my lips.
I have 2 satsumas grapes apple and melon for my afternoon treat.
Fingers crossed for a good day.

Today was going to be extra easy but i had homemade leek and potato soup for lunch with a mullerlight.
The when to 2 meetings so no pickings this afternoon then had an apple and satsuma on the drive home.
Once again today i am really bloated so when it came to tea time, i just wasnt that hungry.

Dad and Brother had no idea what they fancied for tea either so raided the freezers and i came up with an endless list, only for them to pick SW fry up.

I didnt fancy this, so i had a 2 egg mushroom omelette with 42g of cathedral light (hea) and also baked beans.

So i still have a heb left and i am full to the brim but i am sure i can fit something in laters.

Used 10 syns on 3 coconut rings. Rich tea and 2 animals.
Going to have 2 slices wholemeal bread with jam to use my Heb too.
That be 11 syns today 100% on plan.

Back