tuesday tea need help please

hi, we are going to have a green day tomorrow as i fancy pasta and was going to use quorn mince and make a sauce i used to use a jar sauce but wondered if anyone could tell me how to make one myself

many thanks
charlotte x

Passata is always a good base for a pasta sauce and that is a free food.

Tuesday's dinner is in a tupperware and is cooling down as we speak! I'm having a green day tomorrow and have just made the curry from May/June's magazine with the chicken as my HEB.

As for your evening meal tomorrow make a nice chunky veg and tomato based sauce using onions, carrots, celery, garlic, basil, oregano, chopped tomato's, tomato puree and salt and pepper to season. All free on either plan as well :D

As we speak I'm scoffing the luxury quorn lasagne from the new magazine - tastes great and well recommended.

But for my basic, quick and easy tomato sauce I do this:

In a frying plan add a tin of chopped tomatoes, splash of worcestershire sauce, splash of soy sauce, pinch of sweetener, a crumbled stock cube, and sprinkle of Schwartz Garlic Italian seasoning. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer. Add a touch of water if it starts to get too thick. Sauce will be ready when your pasta is done. You can also adapt it by adding chilli, soft cheese, BBQ seasoning instead of Italian, mixed beans, tuna, chicken and so on.

I always make my own sauce it's yummy.

I fry off a red onion, mushroom and finely chopped garlic in fry light, add a tin of chopped tomatoes and a good handful each of chopped basil and oregano. I also add a splash of worcester sauce and season with a little salt and lots of black pepper, (i often add courgettes and red pepper for 'chunkiness' and leave to simmer for about 45 mins on a very low heat. DELICIOUS. I also use this exact same recipe as my base for chilli / ratatouille or as sauce for meatballs or just plain pasta.

get a spaggettie bolegnaise shwartz packet.. 6 syns for the packets, so once shared out will be minimal.. always a gooden lol x

Back