Turkey Discovery

DopeyAngel

Sweet wrapper fetishist.
Hiya everyone,

I've been raving over the past few days about my new dicovery - turkey! Sounds ridiculous I know, but I have recently found out just how low in fat it is (therefore low in pts!) and also it's a really cheap alternative to other meats.

I have made Kally's wonderful turkey burgers which were delish, the mince can also be used for meatballs, kofta kebabs, bolognese, chilli etc. I've also been buying the turkey steaks and marinating them in cajun/chinese/tandoori spices, wrapping them in foil and whacking them in the oven then having that with salad/stir fry veggies. Or using turkey chunks and having it on skewers to make kebabs and also in curries or stir fries.

Because pointage is low - I have quite a bit of turkey (e.g. 2 steaks, 3 burgers) just with salad/veg which fills me right up and no need for extra 'carb points'.

In Asda I got turkey mince for less than £2 and turkey steaks (pck of 6) for £3. I think that's pretty reasonable compared to other meats and fish.

Here is link for recipes: http://www.britishturkey.co.uk/

Anyway, just needed to share my discovery - sure it's not new for you but I have been very excited about it this week. (VERY SAD!)

Have a great day everyone:)

Hey - thanks for sharing this!! I was getting bored of chicken & fish (I don't like other meats) so this is great for me! Well done on your weight loss so far :) I've just started WW today! xx

Thanks loads for this I will def be buying Turkey I love it anyway :) we dont have an asdas here but I expect I can get it cheap here xx

Definately going to try out some of these ideas - they sound delicious! Thanks for this post :)

Nothing sad about getting excited over food - its the only excitement I'm getting at the mo.

I love turkey too

Hey - thanks for sharing this!! I was getting bored of chicken & fish (I don't like other meats) so this is great for me! Well done on your weight loss so far :) I've just started WW today! xx
Well done you and huge good luck with starting today. I'm not that keen on other meats either so I was well happy to find turkey :)

Thanks loads for this I will def be buying Turkey I love it anyway :) we dont have an asdas here but I expect I can get it cheap here xx
I think you'll probably find turkey is still cheaper than other meats on IOW chicky :)

thanks! whats the points like then? does it taste similar to chicken??
:)
I find it similar to chicken - maybe a little drier, but then that's down to how you cook it really! I calculate a turkey steak to be 2-2.5pts depending on the size. Turkey mince is 3pts per 140g.

Definately going to try out some of these ideas - they sound delicious! Thanks for this post :)
Do share if you try anything new out I'd love to get some new recipes!

Nothing sad about getting excited over food - its the only excitement I'm getting at the mo.

I love turkey too
I'm glad I'm not the only one getting excited about food!!! Hahahaha! Am also glad to find a fellow turkey lover :)

thia is excellent advice and sounds the reciepe can be changed alot with this. thank you.

Back