Turkey mince help please

Smirky

Gold Member
i've had a big packet of turkey mince in the freezer for ages and haven't a clue what to do with it :)

anyone have any ideas please, i've seen ideas on here for cheesy turkey burgers that i will try, but because it's only me don't really want recipes for which serves 4 etc because it's pointless for me lol

so anything with turkey mince, with points worked out and cooking guidelines... as i can't cook :D would be amazing please!!

thank you :)

Not sure about me being able to provide points worked out etc. Though it's 3pts per 140g of mince. I would use it to make anything you would normally use beef mince in e.g. spag bol, chilli, tacos etc. I use turkey mince loads and at the moment have been making lots of turkey burgers, meatballs and kofta kebabs. Just look up a recipe online for those and you should find what you need. As for points - I just point everything I put in individually and then divide total points by portions.

hi how bout this, u could have the left overs on a jacket 2mo as wel

ingredients

5 spray low-fat cooking spray
icon_filling_food.gif
450 g extra-lean beef mince
icon_filling_food.gif
1 large onion(s), chopped finely
icon_filling_food.gif
2 clove garlic, crushed
icon_filling_food.gif
1 medium Pepper, red, de-seeded and chopped roughly 1/2 tablespoon chilli powder, mild, plus a pinch to garnish 1 teaspoon ground cumin
icon_filling_food.gif
400 g canned tomatoes
icon_filling_food.gif
200 g cooked kidney beans, red, drained 1 portion stock cube, beef, make up to 250ml with hot water
icon_filling_food.gif
240 g dried rice
icon_filling_food.gif
80 g very low-fat plain yogurt, (4 tbsp)
icon_filling_food.gif
4 sprig fresh coriander, to garnish Instructions

• Heat a large pan over a medium heat. When hot, spray with low fat spray, add the mince, increase the temperature and cook for 4–5 minutes, stirring all the time until lightly browned.

• Stir in the onion, garlic and red pepper and cook for a further 4–5 minutes until the onion has started to soften. Add the chilli powder and cumin and cook for 1 minute.

• Add the tomatoes, kidney beans and beef stock and season to taste. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook for 25–30 minutes, stirring occasionally.

• Meanwhile, cook the rice according to packet instructions.

• Serve the chilli and rice topped with a spoonful of yogurt, sprinkled with a little chilli powder and garnished with coriander.

there's a challange here where 2 teams cook and ppoint and take pics of meals with a certain ingredient and this month it's turkey mince!!!it's in the sticky when you go back to ww

thanks everyone for the ideas! will definitely get onto cooking some! i'm dropping down to the next point section as being 12st 1lb i find i might as well move from 21 to 20 points ... therefore want to start using fresher ingredients and not processed foods as much etc so turkey mince seems the way forward! :D

thank you!!! will let you know how i get on and yummymummy thank you v much!! didnt see that thread excellent timing! woo :D

xx

i always use turkey mince as i think it is lower in fat than beef, i like to make a chilli with it and if you use all the mince up you can freeze seperate portions . :)

i always use turkey mince as i think it is lower in fat than beef, i like to make a chilli with it and if you use all the mince up you can freeze seperate portions . :)

thank you sounds good to me will try it!! turkey diet haha starts next week got lot to get through :) xx

Back