Turkey mince

Littleslimmingbee

Gold Member
Not been to super market yet, but am i looking for extra lean turkey mince like i would be for beef, or is turkey mince lean enough so i should just eb looking for 'turkey mince' not 'extra lean turkey mince'

xxxx

I always get just plain old turkey mince. I don't think there's an extra lean version hon, as turkey is so lean anyway

x

I think all turkey mince is pretty well low fat, so you can't go far wrong in choosing it. X

yep, it's just good ol Turkey Mince, and it's superduper cheap compared to the extra lean beef, I haven't used beef in ages now for bog or burgers!

Hi FernXx, I just turkey mince for bolognaise and it does taste abit different as you would expect but it's it nice or my family think it is.

I get my TM from Asda and it is £1.60 for 450g and on theasda website it says Turkey mince (lean).

Hope this helps

Turkey bog is the BEST! All I use is turkey mince, mushrooms, red onion, oregano, passata and two chicken oxos and its brilliant.

i also make burgers with it.

Turkey mince is fairly lean anyway so you should be ok.

I was in Tesco last night and bought some Healthy Living pork mince to make spicy Thai bites with over the weekend. It looks fab and there is not a scrap of a white thread of fat in there :)

Oooo thanks girls!

Iv just re-read my original post, maybe i should have read it before posting.. im suprised you lot managed to work out the point to it with all that babbeling! haha

im gunna make turkey meatballs...

:) Yum. x

Turkey bog is the BEST! All I use is turkey mince, mushrooms, red onion, oregano, passata and two chicken oxos and its brilliant.

i also make burgers with it.
Well I wanted to make the cajun chicken burgers from the July mag, but cant find chicken mince anywhere, why did I not think of using Turkey mince :rolleyes:

Oh BTW I've added your blog to my blogroll, it's great! x

- Bah, thought id drop this is here whilst were discussing lean meats and what ahve you.

I discovered my chicken kebab only cost me 5syns last night as i never eat the pitta it comes in.. Bargain!! (yes i did have a kebab despite gaining 3.5 lbs, i always have one after Wi, no point refusing myself one now lol, thursday is when my week starts lol!)

Thanks for all ur help ladies. really gunna try my hardest to shift my gain this week,

can anyone also advise me on the ebst curry to have out saturday night (its an un-avoidavble situation) .. i ahte spice. so i need a lower syned creamy curry...

xx

Aw Fern, couldn't you go a chicken tandoori? They are nice and low in syns, compared to a creamy curry?

i don't know, how much spice is in a tandoori? will i have to resort to bring my own vlf natuarl yog out again? (yes im that bad)...
i havnt ever eaten a curry thats not a korma or masala? xx

Tandoori is in the bible. I don't have it on me though :-(

Ahhhh Carmie, HIYA! :D

OH made the turkey meatballs and tagliatelle last week from the EE book and they were lush! Free on EE and just the meatballs would be free on red.

Fern, promise promise ultra promise. My consultant made a point of mentioning turkey mince at group after seeing it on my blog to make burgers and she said 'Any turkey mince, all turkey mince is the same and it's all free'

Back