Tweak using protein shake instead of milk as HE?

g_2012

Silver Member
Hi everyone,

I was just wondering about doing a tweak to a healthy extra. I was looking at the calories and nutritional information for the protein shake I have and wondering if I could class it as a healthy extra a choice as its similar to milk.

I make it with water and its 100kcals per scoop. It's full of calcium as in milk but has almost no sugar so surely can't be less healthy than milk. I may try classing is as my HEA and seeing what happens as a result.

Just wondered if anyone else had made slight tweaks to the plan and still had success?

Many thanks

I have any cheese not listed as hex a but stick to 25g of it.
I've had other yoghurts that have less calories and and carbs than muller lights for bit of variety n I've lost 11lb in 3 weeks I say try but write it down n if your losses start suffering cut it out.

I have any cheese not listed as hex a but stick to 25g of it.
I've had other yoghurts that have less calories and and carbs than muller lights for bit of variety n I've lost 11lb in 3 weeks I say try but write it down n if your losses start suffering cut it out.
Thank you for your reply and well done on your losses so far!

I personally don't like tweaks because I am in the mindset of, you're either following the plan or you're not following the plan. Tweaks are not following the it.

That doesn't mean to say you can't have your protein shake - just Syn it! It will be 1 Syn per every 20 calories.

I take protein and after speaking to one of the other guys on here who also takes it I've been counting it as a Syn rather than a HEX. Out of curiosity which protein is it you have started taking?

I take protein and after speaking to one of the other guys on here who also takes it I've been counting it as a Syn rather than a HEX. Out of curiosity which protein is it you have started taking?
Hi Chris,

Ive had it for years as I go to the gym 6 times a week and am veggie so it helps me keep my protein intake up. I use Myprotein impact whey plus as it has extra vitamins and minerals. Also tried the basic impact whey though and that's lovely too. I just have one scoop with water. Here's the nutritional info if you are interested...

Per 25g:
Energy: 97.1Kcal
Energy: 409.0kJ
Protein (dry basis): 20.3g
Protein (as-is): 19.4g
Fat: 1.67g
Carbohydrates: 1.48g

Each 25g serving also contains:

Magnesium: 189.3mg (50% RDA)
Vitamin C: 40.4mg (50% RDA)
Iron: 7.1mg (50% RDA)
Vitamin E: 6.1mg (50% RDA)
Vitamin B3: 8.1mg (50% RDA)
Vitamin A: 403.0mcg (50% RDA)
Zinc: 5.0mg (51% RDA)
Vitamin B6: 707.0mcg (51% RDA)
Vitamin D3: 2.52mcg (50% RDA)
Vitamin B1: 555.0mcg (51% RDA)
Vitamin B2: 707.0mcg (51% RDA)
Vitamin B12: 1.0mcg (40% RDA)
Folic acid: 101.0mcg (51% RDA)
Iodine: 76.0mcg (51% RDA)

Such a shame its not a HEA as it has hardly and sugar in so in comparison to milk, it could be argued its healthier ;) I'm not giving it up though as I noticed such a difference when I started taking it. Will just have to limit syns somewhere else.

I disagree to an extent mostly on branded products, slimming world is a large company and undoubtedly has advertising contracts like muller for ml's if a yoghurt has the same if not better nutritional facts why can't it be swapped for a brand that slimming world don't get paid to sponsor. I agree tweak to much and don't loose any weight then yeah your not following plan. Or thinking your swapping something good like white bread for brown isn't a good idea always.

I disagree to an extent mostly on branded products, slimming world is a large company and undoubtedly has advertising contracts like muller for ml's if a yoghurt has the same if not better nutritional facts why can't it be swapped for a brand that slimming world don't get paid to sponsor. I agree tweak to much and don't loose any weight then yeah your not following plan. Or thinking your swapping something good like white bread for brown isn't a good idea always.

May try a week with it syned and a week with it as my HE and see if it stops me losing. It's definitely much healthier in terms of sugar than drinking the HE milk allowance.

thank you for you feedback

Hi Chris,

Ive had it for years as I go to the gym 6 times a week and am veggie so it helps me keep my protein intake up. I use Myprotein impact whey plus as it has extra vitamins and minerals. Also tried the basic impact whey though and that's lovely too. I just have one scoop with water. Here's the nutritional info if you are interested...

Per 25g:
Energy: 97.1Kcal
Energy: 409.0kJ
Protein (dry basis): 20.3g
Protein (as-is): 19.4g
Fat: 1.67g
Carbohydrates: 1.48g

Each 25g serving also contains:

Magnesium: 189.3mg (50% RDA)
Vitamin C: 40.4mg (50% RDA)
Iron: 7.1mg (50% RDA)
Vitamin E: 6.1mg (50% RDA)
Vitamin B3: 8.1mg (50% RDA)
Vitamin A: 403.0mcg (50% RDA)
Zinc: 5.0mg (51% RDA)
Vitamin B6: 707.0mcg (51% RDA)
Vitamin D3: 2.52mcg (50% RDA)
Vitamin B1: 555.0mcg (51% RDA)
Vitamin B2: 707.0mcg (51% RDA)
Vitamin B12: 1.0mcg (40% RDA)
Folic acid: 101.0mcg (51% RDA)
Iodine: 76.0mcg (51% RDA)

Such a shame its not a HEA as it has hardly and sugar in so in comparison to milk, it could be argued its healthier ;) I'm not giving it up though as I noticed such a difference when I started taking it. Will just have to limit syns somewhere else.

So what is the calcium content then? It doesnt seem to be listed

ETA I had a look at their website and it seems to be 125mg per 25g serving. Compare that to skimmed milk which has 129mg per 100mls and you get 350mls for a HEA and it doesnt look so good unless I am reading it wrong

Last edited:
But lots of other yogurts are free not just ML, me and boyfriend have just finished a tesco's no fat blueberry yogurt which is syn free. You just have to check online if its free or not and use the nutritional information, this also works for HEX's (except not with the nutritional information.. you'd have to ring up to get that checked) but there is a long list of HEX's online which include brands such as ryvita and kellogs but also things from aldi ect.
You probably aren't tweaking by eating the yogurts your eating, they probably are free.

Back