tweekedgirl's Weight Loss Diary

tweekedgirl said:
It's so unfair isn't it! Knowing my luck I'll weigh in on Saturday at 11st again, and then the next day my scales will read 10st 11lb :p

Be sure to floss your teeth and cut your nails before weigh in ;)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Your doing fab, enjoying reading your diary

Thanks Knewto :)

Well yesterday was an 'ish' day lol. Was all day contemplating going to KFC for that new Nacho Stacker burger as it looks amazing, but after seeing it had 650 cals, or 1200 with a meal I decided against it and got a packet of Sensations Coated Nuts instead. To my horror these turned out to be over 900 calories for the pack! Can't believe that as I thought they were max about 700. Serves me right that I had horrific stomach pains for the rest of the day - it's my body rebelling against crap food. So finished yesterday about 200-300 calories over my limit, but still within the 2000 recommended for women so I'll get over it.

Today will be much better, as will the rest of the week as on Saturday night we're going out to an Indian for a work mate's leaving do and I would absolutely love the scales to read 10st 12lb or 11lb in the morning. Started off with porridge and golden syrup this morning with a coffee, going to be having a tuna salad for dinner and for tea over cooked fish, chips and baby carrots. Got a four hour straight lecture at uni this afternoon so I'll not kid myself, I'll probably end up buying a mocha but no added sugar for me. Not weighed myself this morning, going to wait until tomorrow, and see if it looks like I'm on track.

Morning all!

I'm in a very good mood this morning, as my scales are showing me 68.8kg / 10st 11lb! This bodes well for Saturday :)

Food today has so far been porridge with golden syrup, and a Twinings strawberry and mango herbal tea. Going to be having Heinz Cream of Chicken soup before I head off to uni, which is a 25 minute walk. Will be making a small salad to have at uni, and then tonight will be a chilli, either beef or turkey, I'm leaning towards turkey but the OH prefers beef so we'll see. Going to the cinema tonight to watch House at the End of the Street, and depending on what my calories say at the end of the day, I may or may not have a small bag of M & Ms.

Hey everyone, had a couple of poor days food and exercise wise. Yesterday went into town to meet up with a friend and had a caffe caramella from Costa and a banana breakfast loaf, which came to about 700 calories. Had some awful tinned meatballs for tea, and then ended up going to KFC for that nacho stacker meal, which was actually really disappointing anyway! The nacho was chewy and just really ruined the rest of the burger. So overall went over my daily allowance by around 800 calories.
Today has also not been great: Weetos for breakfast, a mocha at uni, and then large nachos at the cinema, though I didn't eat them all! Just with those three things, takes my calories to about 1180, so will probably just have some low cal soup in a bit and call it a day. Feeling really tired today, and not great, so I'll excuse these past two days and get back on it properly tomorrow.

In other news, despite the KFC, I weighed in at 68.6kg today, which is down another 0.2kg from two days ago. Hopefully will keep at that for the weigh in tomorrow and that will be a good weight loss for this week. Me and the OH also went car shopping yesterday, and have ended up going for a second hand Honda CR-Z. We're waiting on the results of the finance and don't know when we'll find out, might be tonight, tomorrow who knows, so that is really stressful and I'm finding I can't concentrate on other things as that's just in the back of my mind! Fingers crossed all goes well and we'll be driving it within the next 24 hours :) x

Last edited:
You're doing excellently!

Karen, you definitely should, it's lovely :)

Well morning all, hope everyone's well. I have to say, I've let my diet slip these last couple of days, and now need to get back on track. Yesterday was a step in the right direction, porridge, ham salad for dinner, an apple and then chicken fajitas for tea. I did go over a little thanks to over indulging in the fajitas, but even so, the type of food in comparison to what I've been eating is much, much better.

Today I will make sure I stick to my calorie allowance like a saint! Porridge for breakfast and a coffee, having a tuna potato tomato thing for dinner, and then soup for tea, and working 5-8 so no eating when I get home. With regards to exercise, I've completely lost my motivation at the minute, and I just can't be bothered. I need a kick up the backside I think haha.

In good news though, our finance for the new car got accepted, so we'll be picking that up on Wednesday evening :) It's a hybrid and apparently does around 50mpg, compared to our current car which just about manages 20mpg. This means I'll be much more likely to pop out to the gym as I won't be that worried about petrol costs, as previously I tried to work the gym in if I was around that area, but I would rarely just go out to go to the gym.

EDIT: Well, I've been reading over my posts from the past couple of weeks, stopped feeling sorry for myself, got off my fat arse and went and did my EA Active workout. 35 minutes later and 195 calories burned, feeling much more positive now :)

Last edited:
tweekedgirl said:
Karen, you definitely should, it's lovely :)

Well morning all, hope everyone's well. I have to say, I've let my diet slip these last couple of days, and now need to get back on track. Yesterday was a step in the right direction, porridge, ham salad for dinner, an apple and then chicken fajitas for tea. I did go over a little thanks to over indulging in the fajitas, but even so, the type of food in comparison to what I've been eating is much, much better.

Today I will make sure I stick to my calorie allowance like a saint! Porridge for breakfast and a coffee, having a tuna potato tomato thing for dinner, and then soup for tea, and working 5-8 so no eating when I get home. With regards to exercise, I've completely lost my motivation at the minute, and I just can't be bothered. I need a kick up the backside I think haha.

In good news though, our finance for the new car got accepted, so we'll be picking that up on Wednesday evening :) It's a hybrid and apparently does around 50mpg, compared to our current car which just about manages 20mpg. This means I'll be much more likely to pop out to the gym as I won't be that worried about petrol costs, as previously I tried to work the gym in if I was around that area, but I would rarely just go out to go to the gym.

EDIT: Well, I've been reading over my posts from the past couple of weeks, stopped feeling sorry for myself, got off my fat arse and went and did my EA Active workout. 35 minutes later and 195 calories burned, feeling much more positive now :)

Yayy well done!! I'm only starting to get motivated again! Sometimes my mouth forgets I am meant to be dieting!!! Lol

Hello there! I'm sat here with a snotty nose all wrapped up :p I've not been ill in aggeess and all of a sudden I catch a cold, the day I'm due to pick the new car up! I'm also in uni for five hours this afternoon so it should be fun with me sat there sneezing haha.

Mid week weigh in today is showing 68.6kg / 10st 11lb. I'll be really happy if I'm able to maintain that until Saturday for a 1lb loss this week, any extra is just a bonus. Hopefully the second half of the week won't go terribly wrong like it did last week! If I continue to loose 1lb per week, that means I'll reach my 10st goal for pretty much exactly Christmas. That would be a nice present to wake up to :)

Exercise wise, I did my EA Active workout on Monday, yesterday walked in total 50 minutes to univerisity and back, and today I'll be walking to uni which is 25 mins. Tomorrow if this cold has let up a bit, then I'll do another one of my EA Active workouts. Food yesterday was good: porridge for breakfast; tuna, sweetcorn and mayo pasta for dinner; mocha at uni and then turkey steaks with broccoli and carrots for tea. Today I've had porridge again, think I'll be having soup and ryvita for dinner and not decided on tea yet. Maybe a curry with some brown rice.

Oh no! Get well soon. I know when some Poole get sick, they have no appetite but it also worked the opposite way for me!! Collecting the car should cheer you up! X

Oh no! Get well soon. I know when some Poole get sick, they have no appetite but it also worked the opposite way for me!! Collecting the car should cheer you up! X

Thanks Squishy, it's the same for me. Even being ill doesn't put me off food!

Hello everyone, I'm happy this morning as I've managed to maintain my weight of 68.6kg for this week, so officially a 1lb loss this week, bringing me to 10st 11lb.

Four months in and I'm now well over half way towards my goal. I'm hoping to get there for about March 2013, but any earlier would be nice as well lol ^_^

Also, I'm giving up calorie counting for a bit and just going back to how I started: healthy portions and healthy choices. I've consistently lost a 1lb a week since June and even though I've managed to pull a couple of 2lb loss weeks when I was CC, I'm starting to become a little too over the top with counting calories, to the point where it really upsets me if I even go 50 calories over! So going to just go back to healthy eating habits and keep weighing in to make sure I'm still on track.

Morning all, still ill but recovering :p

The last two days off CC have been rather refreshing. I'm still eating healthily, avoiding snacking for the most part, and my weight is hanging around the 69kg mark which I'm cool with. I get the feeling that whilst I'm back at uni, it might be more sensible for me to just maintain this weight as I don't have a lot of time for the gym at the minute. I'll be continuing eating well and hopefully that will have a positive effect, and if I can loose a couple more pounds then that will be great. Makes more sense to me to focus on maintaining than trying so hard to loose weight that I fall off the wagon and put it all back on again this semester. I suppose I can just play it by the scales lol and if I loose I loose and if I maintain then I maintain. Either is better than the third option ^_^

Food wise, I had porridge for breakfast yesterday with fruit tea, soup and Ryvita for dinner with a banana, and my mum cooked a Sunday roast for tea and then some Pringles afterwards. Today I've had porridge again with a coffee, will be having either soup or salad for dinner, and then the BF is cooking a no carb tea. He's back on the no-carb diet this week after being really awful with snacking. I'm glad I don't give in to peer pressure that easily as if I'd have eaten all he's eaten these past couple of weeks I would have definitely put back on half a stone!

Sounds like you're doing the right thing to me. We all need a break from "strict" dieting, or else we'll end up resenting it and rebelling against it (in my case I'd stuff my face!) x

Aaagh! Don't give up the calorie counting!

I'll explain more if you'd like me to?

Hey Greta, yes of course! However just so you know, I've not given up the diet, I'm still eating a very similar amount to what I was doing when I was calorie counting, I'm just not actually counting. Does that make sense lol? Just because I was getting really silly with not even eating the smallest little thing and getting upset if I went over my 1200 limit by 10 or 20 calories. Also, I'm loosing pretty much the same amount whether I CC or not, coming out with about a 1lb a week.

So morning everyone :) Scales are showing me 68.2kg / 10st 10lb so that's another 1lb since Saturday which I'm very happy with. My cold has almost gone so I'll be back to the gym tomorrow and hoping to go regularly twice or three times a week which will help to maintain this loss. Still on track for hitting the Halloween challenge over in the challenges forum so that's keeping me motivated as well.

Food yesterday was a two egg omelette for breakfast with a coffee, a broccoli and stilton cup-a-soup mid morning, tuna salad for dinner, mocha at uni and then stuffed peppers for tea.

Today has been another two egg omelette with a coffee, and going to be having a ham salad for dinner, and then off out with some girls from ex-work for a carvery tea (the worst of the worst! So many potatoes and parsnips and other tasty but oh so fattening food).

Hi Tweeked!

i was just going to say that to stop counting calories and concentrate on 'healthy eating' can be a mistake.... it's a form of self sabotage even though it doesn't feel like it is! It's almost giving yourself permission to eat more. I'm a bit tired today so I'm not explaining this as articulately as I normally would! I just know that in my experience, when I have done this - and i have a few times! - it has led to a loss of control. Counting calories makes you accountable and keeps you focussed but yes i totally hear you when you say it makes you obsessive.

10 st 10 is really good - well done. You're getting so close. You'll be 9 stone something come Christmas - and probably even at target.

keep going! I know it's tough and a hard slog

And depressingly - I eat between 1000 and 1200 a day and I only maintain 9 stone 7... maybe the odd lb drop every few weeks. I'd like to see 9 stone and am hopeful I can do this within the next 6 weeks < currently 9 st 6 > but my god it's slow...

Back