tweekedgirl's Weight Loss Diary

Fantastic! Well done you, you're doing so great. Enjoy the well deserved drinks tonight. I'm a big mojito fan! X

Thank you Squishy ^_^ I never used to like them that much, but I went on a cocktail making class up in Newcastle and they were fab. Been a fan ever since but they do tend to be quite expensive. x

Off out for my friend's b-day in a few hours in this wonderful weather ^_^

I won't come in on target tonight simply because of the booze but I'll still have a good number. Factoring in the bottles I've already bought I'm currently netting 1013 cals for the day. So considering I'll be having a few more drinks in town and then potentially a little after town snack (naughty!) I'm hoping I'll finish the night netting around 2000

Today

Breakfast: 40g fibre bran, 60ml whole milk (174 cals)
Dinner: Tuna salad with peri peri dressing (253 cals)
Tea: 75g wholewheat pasta twists with bacon, peas and a creme fraiche sauce (429 cals)
Snacks: Cadbury chocolate mousse (95 cals)
Drinks: 2 x coffee, 1 Barcardi Mojito, 1 Barcardi Cuba Libre (502 cals + more to come!)

Exercise: 62 mins at the gym (-440 cals)

Well after logging everything I drank and ate last night I finished the day netting 2318 cals, which considering that involves lots of cocktails and a greasy takeaway is more than acceptable!

However today is a new day and the start of a new week (weigh-in wise) for me so back on it. I managed to be at about 90% on track last week thanks to the night out but I definitely don't have anything planned this week apart from a meal on Friday but I should definitely be able to keep to it 100% and hopefully see another 1/2 or 1lb loss.

Today's food:

Breakfast: 40g fruit and fibre bran with 150ml skimmed milk (201 cals)
Dinner: Tuna salad with honey and mustard dressing (248 cals)
Tea: Lamb sausage and butter bean casserole (674 cals)
Snacks: None
Drinks: 2 x coffee (62 cals)

Exercise: 35 mins walking at 3.5mph (-139 cals)

This currently leaves me netting 1046 cals so definitely a little space for something nice after tea :)

Hahaha damn alcohol. I drink beer usually and it will cost me around 1500 calories for a proper night drinking them.

And that's why I haven't been drunk since New Years Eve...

Hahaha damn alcohol. I drink beer usually and it will cost me around 1500 calories for a proper night drinking them.

And that's why I haven't been drunk since New Years Eve...

Tell me about it! I never knew how many calories some of my favourites had like Dissaronno and Baileys. Nearly cried when I saw how many calories was in each drink! I suppose that's another thing I have to inadvertently thank my new life-style for - reduced intakes of alcohol! I don't drink at home and now I drink less when I go out, which is much better on the wallet and also much nicer on the head in the morning :p

Anyway, yesterday was a good start to the new week. I didn't go to the gym but I ended up doing one of those 10 minute Kettlebell sessions. I've done it before but I've really struggled but this time, even though it hurt like hell, I got through the whole 10 minutes without having to pause the DVD. So nice to know that my strength and endurance are increasing as well. Finished the day on net 1168 cals.

One thing I've noticed is that I find it really hard to eat back my exercise calories with healthy things. It's almost as though everything in the house that is healthy is boring and so I end up having a couple of pieces of chocolate instead. I need to find some nice, tasty, sweet healthy things to use as after tea snacks, and from today I'm going to try and make a conscience effort to eat more fruit.

Breakfast: Fruit and fibre bran and skimmed milk (187 cals)
Dinner: Pea and ham soup (240 cals)
Tea: My mum is making a cheese and potato bake with obscene amounts of cheese so I'm preparing for this to be around 600-700 calories, so I'll be having a small portion
Snacks: Apple
Drinks: 2 x coffee

Ha so yesterday I over-indulged just a little. Got home and my mum had cooked enough of that cheese and potato bake for about about 12 people (there's four of us). I had a reasonable portion of that and then she pulls out the most ridiculous serving of carrot cake. I had mine without the cream but still a fair amount of extra calories. Then off to the cinema where I had a hot chocolate and shared a few nachos. Finished the day netting 1997 cals - whoops! :p

Never mind that, I have the next 5 days completely free from work or mum's cooking so I have five days to do my best to shift another lb. I'm going to get myself to the gym shortly and up my run to 5.5km. Then next week 6km, and so on until I'm comfortable with running 10km. Only 9 weeks left until the race! We're having home-made Peri Peri chicken for tea for luso beans and sweet potato fries. Dinner will just be some soup probably, and snacks will be apples or bananas.

Just a quick post with today's food.

Breakfast: 40g fruit and fibre + 100ml skimmed milk (183 cals)
Dinner: Pea and ham soup (240 cals)
Tea: Peri-peri chicken with luso beans (771 cals)
Snacks: 1 bag of crispy fries, 1 apple, 1 peach yoghurt (254 cals)
Drinks: 3 x coffee, 1 Options hot chocolate (132 cals)

Exercise: 76 mins at gym (-565 cals)

Net: 1015

Feeling really down today :(

Feeling bored, unmotivated and just generally self-loathing. I'm sure it's do with the fact that it's now been cold for about four months straight. I'm having to wear about 4 layers in the house, and I'm finding it really hard to even contemplate putting any effort into my university work. I just feel like I want a Chinese, Walkers Sensations and Ben and Jerrys, and to curl up in bed and sleep. Will persevere and find something to get me out of this rut :/

Caved in and bought Walkers Sensations Peanuts. Always so good :p On the positive though I opted for zero sugar Monster rather than the normal one which would have been an extra 250 calories. Am feeling better now than I was earlier, and off to the gym early tomorrow to get some running in and then off to the cinema to watch The Croods :)

Finishing the day on 1701 cals, which is 100 under my MFP goal.

Breakfast: fruit and fibre bran and skimmed milk (205 cals)
Dinner: Luso bean pasta (301 cals)
Tea: Red thai curry and brown rice (603 cals)
Snacks: 1 piece of dark chocolate, 1/2 packet Walkers Sensations peanuts (485 cals)
Drinks: 3 x coffee, 1 x low cal Monster (107 cals)

Last edited:
This weather is so depressing, isn't it? I definitely think it's contributing to my lack of motivation at the moment. It's just so cold all the time, I want to curl up with tea and chocolate!

This weather is so depressing, isn't it? I definitely think it's contributing to my lack of motivation at the moment. It's just so cold all the time, I want to curl up with tea and chocolate!

Couldn't agree more! Waking up every morning to find it snowing AGAIN :(

Anyways, I'm in much more of a positive mind-set today and was at the gym at 9:30! Did my 5.5km and also another mile with inclines to get used to running uphill. I've also been doing a bit of nosying around the MFP forum and a lot of people recommend eating at TDEE - 20% rather than this magical 1200 cals. For me, that number works out at 1801 cals. So, going to slowly start upping my calories and hope this gives my metabolism a boost. Not only that, but if I can loose weight and eat more then can't go wrong with that. I'm at a point now where I'm quite happy with my weight, so if it takes another 6 months to loose these last few pounds then that's fine by me. I'm focusing now on getting healthier and toning.

Going to be moving my weigh-in day to Friday again this week because I'm out on Friday night to a Thai restaurant and it's fair to say there will be some indulging. <3 Thai food!

Oh my, yes! It's driving me crazy. I want the summer already...

Hello all! Weigh-in day today and I checked in at 62.1kg /9st 10lbs! That's a loss of 1lb this week for me and I'm overjoyed with that! Was honestly expecting maybe just a 0.1 or 0.2 of a kilogram, but 0.4? Very pleased :D This means I've reached my March challenge of loosing 4lbs, and I've now only got 5lbs until my final goal.

Exercise is going well, and I'm currently getting myself to the gym at least four times a week, running my 5.5km and burning off approximately 400-500 cals a time. On days where I'm not at the gym I'm trying to get something in there such as a walk or Kettlbell workout just to keep the heart racing! If anyone out there is looking for some form of exercise then I'd highly recommend running. I've noticed the biggest change in my fitness, endurance and body shape since I've started and it's massively helped to boost my weight loss.

I'm heading off for a lovely Thai meal tonight for the BF's birthday so I can say calorie counting might be going out the window a little bit :p

Hope everyone else has a lovely Friday x

Hello all! Weigh-in day today and I checked in at 62.1kg /9st 10lbs! That's a loss of 1lb this week for me and I'm overjoyed with that! Was honestly expecting maybe just a 0.1 or 0.2 of a kilogram, but 0.4? Very pleased :D This means I've reached my March challenge of loosing 4lbs, and I've now only got 5lbs until my final goal.

Exercise is going well, and I'm currently getting myself to the gym at least four times a week, running my 5.5km and burning off approximately 400-500 cals a time. On days where I'm not at the gym I'm trying to get something in there such as a walk or Kettlbell workout just to keep the heart racing! If anyone out there is looking for some form of exercise then I'd highly recommend running. I've noticed the biggest change in my fitness, endurance and body shape since I've started and it's massively helped to boost my weight loss.

I'm heading off for a lovely Thai meal tonight for the BF's birthday so I can say calorie counting might be going out the window a little bit :p

Hope everyone else has a lovely Friday x

Hey Hun well done xxx

Are u running at gym or outside? Also how many cals are u sticking too xxx

Hey Missie,

Currently I'm running at the gym, but really need to get my arse into gear and get running outside. The cold weather is always a good excuse to run inside instead though at the minute lol. I was trying to net 1200 but since I'm running quite a lot I don't want to end up putting myself into 'starvation mode' as they call it, so I'm now trying to eat at me TDEE - 20% which is around 1800 cals. I'm using that as a maximum and aiming really at anywhere between 1200-1800 which is working quite nicely as I'm never feeling hungry and still loosing weight. If you're on MFP feel free to add me, same user name as on here.

Meal was lovely last night at the Thai restaurant and we had a mixed starter with chicken and pork satay sticks and spring rolls and wontons. We both had a Massaman curry with egg fried rice for mains and then I had a lovely orange cheesecake for desert. Finished slightly above my 1800 cal target but had a nice meal out so that can be excused. Tonight is when it probably goes worse haha as out in town for the BF's birthday rave and plenty of alcohol will be consumed. I've already done my gym run for the day giving myself an extra 560 cals to play with, and if I stick mainly to low-cal drinks and diet coke then I should hopefully still come under cal target. Unless we end up getting kebabs on the way home. Which is more than a possibility :p

Anyways, I hope you all have a lovely Saturday night and I'll be back in the morning :D x

This sounds so good I'm supposed to be starting s&s tomorrow but I know how hard it is!!! Plus I've lost my faith in eating an still loosing weight I really boot to get out of the shake cycle if you know what I mean!!!!

So having a think over the weekend xxx I have 10 weeks before hol again and need to loosed 20 lbs so need to think about the best way x

I've occasionally considered a VLCD but I'm sure I'd find it far too difficult! Love my food too much and as I mainly cook for me and the BF it would just be a bit awkward to fit into my life. However, I've known a few people on here who've had great success with them so if you end up going for it then good luck :)

So got off my lazy back side and went for a real run outside today! Felt like a complete tool at first but once I got into the swing of it I really enjoyed it. Made sure I had some good tunes on my iPod and just ran! As expected I was slower outside than on the treadmill, managing 2.7 miles in 32:30 but now that I've made that first step I can now really start to improve. Going to be aiming to go running 4/5 times a week alternating between a gym session and an outdoor run depending on weather.

Calorie counting wise, yesterday was a complete disaster as expected, clocking in at just under net 3000 calories thanks to booze and takeaway. Today I've kept my chocolate to a minimum with just half an Easter egg and one creme egg so should be finishing within my cals for today. Looking forward for the next couple of weeks I'm pretty sure I have no social events coming up, so a good time to crack on and get fit and toned. Been reading up this morning on food for running so going to be trying to incorporate a few portions of almonds a week, more eggs, and a small portion of wholewheat carbs daily into my diet. Gotta love a diet that recommends carbs :)

Hope everyone has a great Easter weekend and doesn't eat too much chocolate :) x

Yeah I know what u mean zxx anyway tried to add you on Mfp but can't work out how too xxx

Yeah I know what u mean zxx anyway tried to add you on Mfp but can't work out how too xxx

What's your username? I'll try and send you a friend request.

Today has been a good day. After 3 out of the last 4 days being over my calories, today I'm due to finish on a very nice number.

Breakfast: Fruit and fibre bran with milk (198 cals)
Dinner: Ham pasta salad (393 cals)
Tea: Sausage and butter bean casserole (729 cals)
Drinks: 4 x coffee (66 cals)

Exercise: 78 mins at gym (-579 cals)

Net: 807

Will try and get some healthy snacks in there to bring my net up to 1200

Cbhoney I think hun xxxx

Well done today in battling with slim and save at the moment x

Back