Two and a half stone lost!

Well done Megli and Sher, you both had similar starting weights to me, i was 17.5 and i started end of May. Now im 12.8, and getting close to target. Its a fantastic feeling, and it can happen so quickly as you have found Megli.

WOW Lynn! That's blummin brilliant! I bet you do feel fantastic hun, what a fabulous achievement :D I will remember you when I'm feeling down in the dumps & remind myself it CAN be done! Very very well done xx

) What weight are you GOING to be on 6th Jan hun? :)
Do you think that while our bodies seem to have lost weight quite quickly, our minds take a bit more time to catch up to us?

12 exactly, which is JUST in the 'ideal' BMI for my height. I've never been thinner than 11.7 as an adult (when I was 17), though to my irritation as a thickset hobbity type I wasn't exactly waiflike even at that weight.

You're so right about minds not catching up...I keep getting startled when I look in the mirror, because I really do look different!

One of the weirdest things about putting on weight was the steady diminishment of my general attractiveness...I seemed to become completely invisible, while not 'feeling' any different. i couldn't work out why, until I realised...'Oh yeah...you're reeeeeallly fat now!'

Anyway, I'm glad to say that's changing..! ;)

Right...off to see Eat Pray Love.

LOL, I remember that startlement. Walking into a store and seeing a bloke I thought I recognised, and it was me in a full length mirror Meg. :)

Haha, weird day today---I'd stayed the same at 14.12 for four days, and then suddenly, as of today---14.7 exactly. Sometimes I think there's no rhyme nor reason to it.

oh yes, I had days like that Meg, some times I'd even put on a little mid week, to find it had vanished the next day, strange things our bodies.

I find if my weight flattens out that a large meal does the trick - I go up the next day but then start dropping again when I return to the regular intake.

Last week my wife ate exactly what I did (slightly less in quantity too), did loads of exercise I didn't do and I lost weight and she gained 2lbs overnight. She wasn't happy. Very strange.

Ah well, I know I'm going to be bad over the next week as I'm on holiday, in consequence I've been on strict induction for the last week and no doubt I'll be back on strict induction once we return. :D

well done girls your all doing so well :) x x

well, yesterday evening I felt EVIL. Weak, exhausted, short-tempered, contemplating gnawing the tabletop for nutrients---you know how it is. So I went out with a friend and had a posh burger and then some cheese and olives, with TWO glasses of wine. And today, even if it's put my goals back a few days, I feel energetic and awake, and like I'm not about to bite someone's head off. That's one of the problems with doing a very low-calorie diet, I suppose. I've done this before, maybe once every three weeks---just eaten what I damn well like for a special meal or family do; in the end, if you do it rarely, it makes the whole process of losing several stone more bearable.

Back