Two melons balancing on an egg, wedged between two chicken drumsticks..

Wonderful on the compliments! And very deserved, I'm sure :)

Also glad you liked the Mim - not for every day, although I love them as toast on a Sunday with cheese and marmite and 42 cups of tea :D

42 cups?! Lol! Are you British by any chance?

I was a bit concerned because Kat1e mentioned that they've caused her to stall in the past, she can only eat half of one at a time. I might restrict them to twice a week, but I'm chuffed to have found something else to eat :D

Just think, if you did eat MIM's every day, your colon would be sparkling lol..

I absolutely love marmite, I nearly cried when I saw that people had been toasting MIMs and spreading them with it.. never tried it with cheese though, that sounds really good! It's been so long since I've had some!

Friday
B 2 eggs
L MIM, 2 portions of Cocoa bark, tsp peanut butter.
D Tandoori Lamb Tikka, Chicken Kufta (restaurant)
S Bottle & a half of wine, Malibu slush puppy (naughty) 1 Babybel, 3 cherry tom's, 4 slices of salami & 25g pepper. Soya milk.

MFP: 54g carbs, F 69% P 20% & C 11%

I feel like I'm writing a confession, not a diary entry today lol. Checked the ketostix this morning which are still changing colour (albeit showing somewhere between 'traces' and 'fallible'...) so that's good.

I know it might end up being pretty moot, but it always inspires me drawing up these little plans and dreaming away..this is another timescale, based on a 1lb loss a week (which I'm hoping will be more achievable/flexible):

image-2265628460.jpg

So that's 2 stone by the beginning of August :D

Batty xx

That's a great plan lady b. I've lost a pound this week, so might make myself a similar plan based on a pound a week loss. That might help inspire me, great idea.

I used to worry about daily mims stalling me - I've never actually tested whether it would or not - but I have had 30g flax as porridge daily for several weeks before without noticing a difference. I think it's just that you can weigh a little heavier the day after as fibre holds on to water in your stomach - but if you were having them daily you'd stop noticing this effect.

I like your chart! A whole year ahead seems so intimidating but 1lb a week is a good aim.

42 cups?! Lol! Are you British by any chance?

Afternoon Lady Batty :D LOL not a Brit by birth, but certainly in inclination, can't go out of the house without at least one cup of builder's tea :D

Re the Mims, they can stall some people - it's just a case of watching the scales (like always :D)

And love the plan - so exciting to be able to tick achievements off! :)

Good morning all! Now I know I've done something right when three of you have praised my chart *beams* A year does sound like a long time, but it's filled with mini successes. I've added milestones to the note, starting with 2 stone lost, which is where I am now..and then 3 stone etc etc. If achieved, December would be a total of 5 stone lost (from the beginning of the diet), so I don't mind waiting a little for that :)

A pound a week just seems very doable!

Saturday
B 2 eggs
L MIM
D Curry, made with 1 quart jar Patak's korma paste, 1 inch cube fresh ginger, garlic clove, tsp caraway seed, 30ml whipping cream, 25g ground almonds, 120g leeks, 150g mushrooms and 350g chicken (served two)
I also had 250g cauliflower rice.
S Choc bean cake, with 2 tbsp clotted cream.

MFP: 1958kcal, 29g carbs. F 70%, P 24% and 6%.

Good morning Ladies :) I love the patak's range. Susie the jar of korma paste has 8g of carbs per quart, which is 4g a person if you use it to make two portions. My only regret was eating too much cauli rice, which ended up at 7.5g alone.

Sunday
B: Egg crepes (first try, very nice but a little eggy and needs a stronger flavour than lemon. Note to self to try with cinnamon next time)
L: Chocolate bean cake
Dinner: Cottage pie, made with 600g lean beef mince, 164g leek, 110g grated carrot, 125ml red wine, rosemary, tsp lea & perrins, and a 'mash' of grated cauliflower (370g) and broccoli (386g) ((carbs 6.4g per person, serves 4))
S: 3 cherry tomatoes, 3 slices of salami, Tesco own brand pepperami (yuk), and soya milk for tea.

MFP: 25g carbs, 1319kcal. F 63%, P 29% and C 8%.

I know, I just don't feel like 150g is a big enough portion..that's why for the cottage pie I used half broccoli, half cauli..broccoli is so much lower in carbs, in the 386g I used for the whole recipe there was only 4.2g of carbs. The cauliflower had 11.1g for 370g.

The rain has come down and washed all the snow away..phew! I know, I'm a major scrooge lol xx

I threw it in my food processor with the cauli to grate it in the same way as I do for cauli rice, and then pan fried it..I'm not really keen on the texture of cauli mash tbh..too wet lol.

Banana Da Vinci syrup has a lovely banana milkshake flavour! I made a hot soya milk drink with it earlier and added cinnamon..it was nice :)
I'm so pleased that I know a way to make milkshakes without any sugar :D

Batty xx

Well it's been very hard going breaking the cycle, but I'm finally feeling liberated from the scales (sure, I may be peeing on sticks every day..) but I have not weighed in...

I've been making an effort to be really good too, I've almost stopped having the SF sweets altogether and I've not baked anything for a few days. I've knocked the SF fruity carbonated water on the head, although I am having a glass of Pepsi max most days (but it's just one glass, as opposed to 3 of the fruity waters) and I'm trying to get back into my regular water cycle of 1 litre before lunch, 1 litre after and a litre in the evening (excluding hot drinks).

And the last of that Choc bean cake was gone on Monday, so that's 10g of carbs I no longer have to worry about...

Trouble is when you don't weigh in for a week, you sort of promise yourself a loss, which might well not happen. But then on the other hand..I found when I was weighing every day, that I would have trouble remembering my weight from the beginning of the week, as you're kind of taking each day as it comes. So if you're forgetful like I am, it becomes difficult to gauge how well you're doing.

Hopefully weighing weekly will mean that I'll finally feel like I'm moving forward again :)

Anyho, off to work we go!

Hi ho, hi ho lol..

B xx

Last edited:
Thanks Smiley :)

Some days of food accountability to catch up on:

Monday
B WPC Precision shake, made with 200ml soya milk
L 3 black Farmer sausages
D Cottage Pie (from Sunday)
S Choc Bean cake, 2 babybels, a tiny bite of dark choc, tiny bite of milk choc. Soya milk in tea.

MFP: 27g carbs, 1466kcal. F 58%, P35% & C 7%.

Tuesday
B 2 soft boiled eggs
L 3 sausages
D Chicken wrapped in bacon, stuffed with 1 tsp pesto and a tbsp and a half of soft cheese.
S 2 babybels, 6 Tesco Salmon Appetisers, soya milk in tea.

MFP: 10g carbs, 1559kcal. F 61%, P 37% & C 2%.

Weds
B 2 soft boiled eggs
L Chicken Tikka salad
D Chicken wrapped in bacon, with pesto and soft cheese.
S 2 babybels, 3 salmon appetisers. Mug of warm soya milk, with Walden Farms Chocolate sauce (not great).

MFP: 18g carbs, 1380kcal. F 57%, P 38% & C 5%
LadyB xx

Sorry the choc sauce didn't work for you - green and blacks cocoa powder in soya milk makes a great hot choc.

Looks like you're doing great with going clean and green!

Hehe, I'm doing my best ML, although, what exactly does clean and green mean? B xx

Clean and green is just a term for low carb without the 'frankenfoods' and little extras that can creep in - a back to basics approach

Back