Um .... more Q`s from me lol

Daisysp8

Hello :wavey: ...... I`ll be lurkerising and being annoying in here on my journey so thought i`d best introduce myself proper :p

I`m Daisy, i`m 30 .... I was a size 8 up to getting preggers with my son (who`s now 6) and then went up to 15 stone :eek: ... Got myself down to 10st 4lbs for my wedding last year, but found it slowly creep back up, and found that the only way i could get it down was to starve myself ... never good, used to be anorexic and don`t wanna go there again. I`m hypo-thyroid (which has a lot to answer for) and suffer with various other ailments that have caused issue for weightloss ... But i`m hoping to get to the 9 (ish) stone mark by spring next year.

On to the start of the many questions lol ...... You seem a friendly bunch :D

If i make my own slimming world chips (which are yum, i have to say) are they only free on EE and Green ?

I`m tending to be more of a Red day .. (i do like my meat lol and the 2x HE)

Also how the hecky thump do you get your pizza and chocolate fix ? ? I have been reeeeeeeealllly good .. and i mean really, really, really good ... but daaaarn i`m missing my choccy and pizza, to the point i`m dreaming about it :nightf: :17729:

When i got weighed on my first day, i then weighed my self at home too (10st 13lbs) ... and this morning i had a cheeky jump on the scales ( i don`t normally, I only did coz i`m ill with a cold and scared i`m going to pile it on coz of medication) ... but i`m 10st 5lbs :character00100::bliss: .... So yay coz it is working but crikey i really would like a domino`s of pizzahut fer tea :D

Reet enough of my waffle for now ... (mmmm waffles) lol !!

Hi Daisy - yes, only syn free on Green / EE.

Pizza fix: Take a look on the recipe forum as I'm pretty sure there was some kind of pizza base people were making using smash / mashed potato. Also one of the supermarkets wholemeal bread mixes is a HexB. A search in minimins should bring that up too.

My choc / sweet fix at the moment is coming courtesy of Skinny Cow dipper lollies (3 syns) or the caramel shortcake lolly stick at 4.5 syns.

What are you using your healthy extras on? I found it hard to go from 2 A's and B's to 1 initially, but have found some tweaks. (Eg Syn free yog on breakfast cereal instead of milk / changed to black redbush tea instead of 'normal' so don't need milk allowance for hot drinks).

If we have an idea of your likes / dislikes we can try and give you some more tips.

x

I get my chocolate fix from a curly wurly, i be extra good all day and save up my syns and treat myself! I think it is 5/6 syns? Or a small pack of buttons - thats low in syns too.

If you are doing red days a lot - there was a recipe in the mag a while back where you use chicken for a pizza base (slice it in half and lay flat) and then top with passata, cheese, herbs and other meaty things:) not like the real thing I know, but might help with the cravings!!

Sounds like your loss this week is gonna be a blummin good one! Good luck hun, dont give in to the pizza desires! Having lost a good amount of weight at the WI is a MUCH better feeling than the very short lived pleasure you get out of having a pizza - i promise! xxx

if you like red days get a chicke breast and flatten it with a meat tenderizer then top with chopped toms basil and mozzerella (hexa) and whatever else you want should sastifie pizza cravings

I'm a red/green day fan (mainly as i enjoy my cheese too much to only have one HeA of it on EE). And if i'm in the mood for a chip like fix - i'll either do the 227g of jacket spud in wedges - or 198g of new potatoes - still parboiled and then roasted - usually with spices on them as well. OK, not real chips (even in a SW sense) but enough to get me by.

a pizza and chocolate recipe - all on plan

008-11.jpg

*honeys Pizza for one ( increase quantities for more)
1 medium potato - grated and squeeze all the liquid out
1 egg - beaten
2 tomatoes - chopped
1/2 onion red or white - finely chopped
tomato puree 1 squidge!
28g full fat chedder HEA- grated
what ever toppings you like ( i had roasted veg)

soften onion in fry light, and then add tomatoes, puree and season and i added herbs too and soften and cook until pizza sauce.
mix potato and egg together and season ( i also added some mixed herbs in)
spray small frying pan with fry light and get hot, pour potato mix in and flatten out and leave to cook, when underside is done slide onto a plate and then turn over back in to pan.

place tomato sauce on to potato pizza base then add your toppings and then cheese and place under grill till toppings hot and cheese melted.

***NB i DONT use low fat cheese as it doesnt melt properly! and for this 28g is fine.

002-9.jpg

serves 4 whole recipe is 12 syns so 3 each
1 sachet gelatine
312g raspberries ( have also been using Frozen cherries)
28g cocoa powder
3 sachets of hightlights hot chocolate drink ( i used 33g out of a big jar)
4 tbsp artifical sweetner ( i added 2 more)
500g pot low fat fromage frais
1 tbsp vodka ( or whatever spirit you like - i didnt like the vodka, couldnt taste it!)
1 egg white

method
1. sprinkle gelatine into 4 floz boiling water, stir to dissolve and leave to cool. Retaining a few to garnish, lightly crush the raspberries and divide between 4 glasses.
2. sieve the cocoa powder in to bowl with the drinking chocolate, sweetner and vodka and fromage frais mix until smooth.
3. add the cooled gelatine to the mixture and mix well. Whisk the egg white until stiff, then fold in gently.
divide between the 4 glasses and chill for 2-3 hours
serve garnished with raspberries and mint leaf.

Thankyou so much guys ... you`ve given me some fab idea`s .... and especially thankyou to honey ..... You are a star :) :) :) Loving ginger Ned too ;)

Back