ummm...rather embarrassing question...not for the squeemish...

AnnieBananee

Is senakot the only laxitive we can use? I only have Dulcoease in the house, and it is day 7....weigh in tomorrow and I've got a week of this stuff backed up! :eek:

Hi Annie,

I dont know much about this but do know the chemist offered me fibreclear if ever needed... its whats recommended on this.. worth a try

Thanks Ollie - second time tonight you've bailed me out! Very much appreciated! It's tough being a newbie!

My Pharmacy also gave me fibreclear, but she said this wouldnt help in going to the toilet, it just gives you a little bit of fibre, so she advised taking senokot. I know there are other laxatives you can take, but I dont know which ones. I am sure someone will come along and let you know.
I had problems with constipation in the first few weeks and senokot was the only thing that helped me, until I started eating the flapjacks, now I dont need any laxative.

you can also have dulcolax..but be careful because its lethal stuff :)

lol thanks for that harriet - right now I think I need something with a serious punch!

is it any senokot you can have

hi i am on week 3 and fibreclear has no effect on me so i have started to use senokot tablets, i dont want johnny giles paying me a visit.

you can use senokat or dulcoease or fibreclear however any of these is not recommeded for regular usuage as it will do more harm to your bowel later on (tumors on the bowel) and being dependent on laxatives. Try and stay away from painkillers that may have codeaine in them and start exercising and drinking plenty of water. If you are having a lot of caffeine throughout the day best to cut this out to one cup a day or none if you can help it. Are you having tummy pain associated with bowel movements? Are you feeling bloated? Swap your caffeine drink for hot cups of water, great way to get the bowel moving. If the problem persists go to your gp and ask for lactulose, this prevents bloatness and cuts the bacteria in your bowel.

Oo-er! NO!! Sorry Ms U. Lactulose is a complete no-no. It'll take you right out of ketosis.
Dulcolax,or Senokot tabs are allowed though. :sick0019:

Its the only thing that I take and its fine with me, havent known it to take me out of ketosis but then its not something that I take every week, thankfully i have the direct opposite to constipation.

i wana take ex-lax, not cos i need to, but cos its chocolate :p

does that count? haha

hahaha lauren!!!!!!
I was thinking of taking something as i think my bowels need a bit of a kick!!! this post is useful :D

wana share a bar of exlax with me? lmao

Oh yeah!!! :) good times! hahahahahahahahaha
I dont think we are allowed it though?!!!! if we are - boy am i getting some!!!!!!!!! ;)

nah will have sugar an stuff in, :( so deffinately a ketosis no no- tastes too nice to be allowed on this diet :p

cc

Dammit! Hopes = Dashed! :( lol
haha look at us getting excited over a laxative!!!!!!!!!!!
a few weeks ago it would have been food - shows how far we have all come :)

hahaha when u look at it like that its all a bit desperate hehe

what id give for a piece of choccie tho seriously!! :lmao: x

Back