Uncovering my true self

Alderica said:
Feeling marginally more human today, thank goodness - not least because I spent most of the day asleep!

Breakfast as usual.
Lunch: potatoes, baked beans and bacon.
Afternoon snack: 3 plums
Supper: ham sandwich, spring onions, tomatoes and loads of strawberries
Evening snack: 1 choc digestive.

Weigh in tomorrow night.......

These weigh ins come round fast, don't they? :)

So.... 2lbs off this week. I'm perfectly happy with that :)

Breakfast as usual.
Lunch: pasta and white fish topped with tomato and mozzarella. And very nice too.
Supper: ham sandwich (1 piece of normal wholemeal bread this time) and plums.
Snack: 1 chocolate digestive.

Last edited:
So.... 2lbs off this week. I'm perfectly happy with that :)

Breakfast as usual.
Lunch: pasta and white fish topped with tomato and mozzarella. And very nice too.
Supper: ham sandwich (1 piece of normal wholemeal bread this time) and plums.
Snack: 1 chocolate digestive.

Well done :) Just a half off for me tonight.

Well done :) Just a half off for me tonight.

Well done - it all helps :) There's a German saying which translates as "small animals produce just as much crap as big ones given time" :8855:

Went to the organic fruit and veg market today, and had a lovely time! Small pleasures for small minds, I know :D

Breakfast as usual.
Lunch: potatoes, sweetcorn and bacon - a mixture I loved when I was a child :)
Supper: spinach and potato tortilla with salad followed by a bowl of plums.
Snack: 1 chocolate digestive

I had a brilliant week... Just not for weight loss... 3.5lb ON !!! whoops oh well aiming for at least 5 pound off this week :)... well done on all your losses

I had a brilliant week... Just not for weight loss... 3.5lb ON !!! whoops oh well aiming for at least 5 pound off this week :)... well done on all your losses

Oh dear Kath.... blame it on the wrong time of the month (every time is the wrong time... for something :D ). Good luck for next week xxxxx

unfortunately i cannot use that excuse :p i blame the bf xxxx

Hate Saturdays when I have to work *grumps* Anyway...

Breakfast as usual.
Lunch: Spaghetti bolognese with the packet sauce my son is so fond of (3 Syns)
Afternoon snack: large chunk of watermelon. Oh my, I had no idea that it can be such a diuretic - I must have shed a couple of pounds in water just this afternoon!
Supper: ham sandwich and a plum (just one, I never thought I could have fruit overload, but I certainly did after that watermelon...)
Evening snack: one choc digestive.

Alderica said:
Hate Saturdays when I have to work *grumps* Anyway...

Breakfast as usual.
Lunch: Spaghetti bolognese with the packet sauce my son is so fond of (3 Syns)
Afternoon snack: large chunk of watermelon. Oh my, I had no idea that it can be such a diuretic - I must have shed a couple of pounds in water just this afternoon!
Supper: ham sandwich and a plum (just one, I never thought I could have fruit overload, but I certainly did after that watermelon...)
Evening snack: one choc digestive.

Wish I could be as good as you lol

Today's menu:

Breakfast as usual. So what if it sounds tedious? I love it. ;)
The (soon to be ex) husband cooked lunch today: pasta with turkey breast cooked in tomato sauce. Under my supervision, it only added up to 2 1/2 syns (spot of oil and a drop of honey).
Supper: ham sandwich and a bowl of plums (while supervising last-minute homework).
Evening snack: 1 choc digestive. I've never had a packet of choc digestives last so long before!

Well done - there was so much in your first post that I could relate to. It is hard if your family are dismissive of what you are doing - I'm lucky as it's only me and my 2 girls so it's my choices we eat, although when we stay with my BF he offers treats of Chinese, chip shops, eating out and takeaways thinking he's doing me a favour by me not having to shop and cook but I'm learning to just say "thanks babe but NO".
Bread is my huge downfall - I've been doing original or green this week as I hate using my HEB on All Bran for breakfast and not having the option of a sandwich or toast for the rest of the day (but wholemeal bread does not give me the cravings that white does). If I do want comfort carbs I bake some of the low syn cheese scones - they are divine.
Good Luck

Well done - there was so much in your first post that I could relate to. It is hard if your family are dismissive of what you are doing - I'm lucky as it's only me and my 2 girls so it's my choices we eat, although when we stay with my BF he offers treats of Chinese, chip shops, eating out and takeaways thinking he's doing me a favour by me not having to shop and cook but I'm learning to just say "thanks babe but NO".
Bread is my huge downfall - I've been doing original or green this week as I hate using my HEB on All Bran for breakfast and not having the option of a sandwich or toast for the rest of the day (but wholemeal bread does not give me the cravings that white does). If I do want comfort carbs I bake some of the low syn cheese scones - they are divine.
Good Luck

Thanks honey, and the same to you!! Erm..... can you point me to the low-syn cheese scones......? :D Obviously I'm missing out on something here!

Oh, this morning was torture.... one of my classmates at college had a birthday today and she organised a big spread with birthday cake and things for us during the break. There was me sitting chomping my way through a bowl of fruit salad while the others were scoffing a luscious cake bursting with raspberries and cream......... Trouble is, I just can't let myself indulge, because knowing me, it would be the first step down a slippery slope. In any case, at least I felt virtuous once I'd stopped sulking! :D

Breakfast as usual, fruit salad as morning snack.
Lunch: boiled potatoes, baked beans and bacon. This is my version of comfort food :)
Supper: ham sandwich and a wodge of watermelon. 1 Prinzenrolle biscuit as a snack.

Last edited:
Fabulous, thank you! :)

OK, so today I am REALLY p***ed off. More cake at college to resist (yes, I did resist ;) ), and today I bought a ready meal (chicken topped with mozzarella and tomato) which turned out to be disgusting and a total waste of syns. Didn't have supper except for a bowl of plums, it was so hot and I just could not be bothered. Cuppa and 1 chocolate digestive to go to bed on (not literally, mind....).
I am just fed up to the back teeth today :sigh: Been watching The Biggest Loser to boost my motivation and remind myself why I'm doing this....

Last edited:
Back