Unexpected BFP

jools1986

Silver Member
Well got a BFP this morning, I have mixed emotions and the OH is far from pleased :( I have worked hard to lose weight and I am scared to death of putting it back on! What are my "diet" options, is it just slimming world? xx

Congrats, do u have any children already? SW is the only organised diet I think, but u cab also calorie count or do low GI.

I loosely followed SW whilst pregnant and put on exactly 2 stone, of which I lost all but 2lbs the day after delivery, then went up by 5lbs until last week (9 weeks after delivery) when I rejoined class. So if you look at it as a 5lb gain it's not too bad.

If you eat sensibly you wont gain too much. Pregnancy weight gain isn't all fat either, you gain placental weight, breast tissue, extra blood etc so you do have to expect a upward trend in the scales regardless but it's NOT fat. Hope this helps.

this is my first pregnancy, completely unplanned! I seem to be the only person remotely happy about it, OH is NOT happy, he has said he will stand by me but he doesn't want kids. My mum sounded far from excited aswell. I also have my final year of uni to contend with so I will more than likely be coming here for a bit of support if thats ok?! xx

Oh dear an unplanned pregnancy is very tough, especially if your OH isn't being supportive - I'm sure they will all come round a bit once they get over the shock. You'll manage uni too although I'm sure it will be tough in some ways. You'll be a great mum though and we are here to support u!
As mentioned above yes a little weight gain is inevitable but it doesn't have to be too much and you'll lose most of it straight after.

Hey Jools I remember you from the Exante forum. Grats on your pregnancy hun.

Slimming World is the only diet I know you can do while pregnant. I mentioned dieting to my consultant and he was very specific about never going into ketosis cause it can cause neural (sp?) defects in baby.

As for your mum and OH I wouldn't worry about it, as long as you're happy that's all that matters. Like someone's already said they'll most likely come around to the idea so don't get stressed about by them xx

Back