Unexplained weight gain

I am back for my 3rd week after a 6 month break. I lost 3.5lbs first week then 3lbs. I have weighed myself at home a few times this week and it says i have put on about 2.5lb!!!! :(

I know the plan, have stuck to plan and the only times I wud have a gain like that in a week is Xmas.

So annoyed but worried that I can't explain It.

Don't sneaky peak! What you see on the scales during the week bears no relation to what they will say on weigh in day as your weight can go up and down by as much as 7lbs from one day to the next. Added to that all scales are different - weigh yourself on 10 set and you will get 10 different results. Solution - ditch the scales because they mess with your head as you are finding out

Weigh is Monday.
My scales match the slimming world ones.
And my weight is consistent all week. I never have a gain like this and then go down by Monday.
Its not star week, I am mid cycle.
I keep a food diary and there is no reason from my food that would give me -3 last
Week and +2.5 this week.

Frustrating!!!

Still saying that your body is not a machine and daily fluctuations happen whether you have seen them before or not - wait until your official weigh in. It could be water retention or any number of other things. To put on 2.5lbs of fat you would have had to consume over 8500 extra calories which you obviously haven't. Ditch the scales.

Why do peole keep doing this to themselves! I feel like there is a post like this once a week. Seriously, dont keep weighing yourself cos it will only mess with your head. Weight especially on at home scales is prone to flucuation and something as simple as having a pint of water can show as a couple of pounds worth of difference. Even if you weigh yourself first thing in the morning if you had a big meal late the night before that can show. Just dont do it!!!!!!!!

Funky_Munky said:
Why do peole keep doing this to themselves! I feel like there is a post like this once a week. Seriously, dont keep weighing yourself cos it will only mess with your head. Weight especially on at home scales is prone to flucuation and something as simple as having a pint of water can show as a couple of pounds worth of difference. Even if you weigh yourself first thing in the morning if you had a big meal late the night before that can show. Just dont do it!!!!!!!!

I've successfully stopped this now for about a mth, phew, so much better for it!!! But is that true about a pint of water having such an impact?? Gosh didn't know that!

well said funky munky but I still do it, I don;t take it seriously and only really think about SW WI weight as my proper weight.

Totally agree, it messed up my head when I did it once, and had a really miserable week until w i when I lost.

I tend to have this problem with daily weighing, it sure messes with my head but can't help it. :-( I'm trying to do the sw by myself maybe joining a class will help

Hi Sonia, yes I think personally a group would help provided you find a good c.Mine is sooooo good and texts us all mid week for support and is constantly on fbook posting recipes. We all feel we could text her anytime if we needed her. I wouldnt have stuck to it I think had I not been going to group, the weekly w i and support and dare I say social aspect of the group keeps me going. I really enjoy the classes. Good luck in your journey

Kieragh1515 said:
I've successfully stopped this now for about a mth, phew, so much better for it!!! But is that true about a pint of water having such an impact?? Gosh didn't know that!

I dont know how technically accurate this is so please dont stop drinking out of fear of putting on weight!!

At my worst last year i would weigh myself five times a day and its amazing the difference in weight through out the day. If i went the loo i could be anything up to two pounds lighter than before i went. I weighed more upstairs than i did downstairs. Yes i actually did this!!! If i weighed myself within an hour of eating i could be anything up to five pounds heavier. The point i was trying to make was that so much can cause your weight to fluctuate so there is no point getting upset about day to day fluctuations.

Well said Funky Munky!

This time round loosing weight I have refused to weigh myself apart from my official WI at group each Tuesday evening. I got into the habit of doing it every day before and it just ruled my mood, if I was loosing I was more likely to be naughty thinking it didn't matter, if I was gaining I barely wanted to eat anything all day and was so down. By just doing the weekly WI at the same time I have a very accurate idea of what my body is doing and I don't obsess on it during the week, I just eat normally. It's been so freeing doing it this way, I will never weigh on my home scales again!

hollys nan said:
Hi Sonia, yes I think personally a group would help provided you find a good c.Mine is sooooo good and texts us all mid week for support and is constantly on fbook posting recipes. We all feel we could text her anytime if we needed her. I wouldnt have stuck to it I think had I not been going to group, the weekly w i and support and dare I say social aspect of the group keeps me going. I really enjoy the classes. Good luck in your journey

Hi Holly, thank you for your response!
I've been doing the diet 3 weeks on Tuesday and lost 6lb so far. I'm trying to stop weighing myself daily as puts me down as I think I have been so good but sometimes scales say I put on :-(,
I will try to carry on my own for a while but if I start to struggle think I might find a club near by.
Thank you for your advice :) x

1L of water weighs 1Kg
1Kg = 2.2lbs (roughly)
1L = 1.75 pints
So 1pint of water weighs approx 1.25lbs

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Back