Universal Contour Wraps.....

Samantha

Hi Everyone, Had my first wrap last night and thought I would report back as I did my own measurements (had heard they aren't so relaible in the salons).

I measured myself when I got in and I had lost 1/2" off each thigh, an inch off my hips, and 1/2 inch off each of the tops of my arms. Well I was a little disappointed with that but wasn't really that surprised. Anyway read their aftercare leaflet and it said you can continue to lose for 3 - 4 days after your wrap. I measured myself this morning and had lost 1/2" off each knee, 1/2" off my waist, and 1/2 inch off one elbow??? What is that about:confused:. So in total 5 inches, so far not what they guarantee but will keep measuring and see if I lose any more.

So that is my experience, I know someone else on here said that the salons can be a bit dodgy with the measuring. I didn't have the salon do my measuring but in hindsight I should have got them to do it as well so I could see how honest they were:rolleyes:

I do have to say though my skin has never been softer and I can see an improvement with celulite so for me I think the money spent was worth it. Was also nice to lay down and relax for an hour.

Would be interesting to hear from someone else who has done their own measurements beforehand to see how many inches they lost.

Hope that helps anyone else deciding whether or not to spend their money...

Interesting post, thanks. I did query these wraps myself on here recently as was thinking of booking some. The reply I got from the salon nearest me that does them, was that they needed to know my state of health (had told them I was on a vlcd with over 6 stone to lose), then they could tell me if it was a viable option!! I felt as if the wraps are for the beautiful people, and not a lardy like me!

I have decided to visit another salon for a luxury pedicure and leg massage, as a pre summer treat instead!!

The 6 inch guarantee is based on measuring you in 16 places (13 of which I would say you can actually lose inches from - ankles, wrists and knees are unlikely to show any change). And they only measure one thigh and one arm (but in several places)

Oh and she measured my bust as 39.8 when it's definitely 42 and my waist as 30 when it's actually 33 (even when I pull it tight). And the way she measured my arms she was pulling the tape very very tight around my loose skin.

I had a contour wrap today and lost 13 1/2 inches, as confirmed by the salon, and me measuring myself at home. I lost 1 from my bust, under bust and waist and 2 each from my tummy and bum! 1 from each thigh and odds and ends from elsewhere- including loss from my ankles (probably fluid retention)
I chose to have one as I have a lot of loose skin and I believe the loss is to do with firming that up- hence the big loss on my tum, bum and thighs.
Let's see what tomorrow brings!

:confused:How on earth do these thngs work ie whats the science behind it?:confused:
Does it not all go back when you've had a drink of water???? Please rid me of my scepticism!

Well - it hasn't gone back - but then I've lost 3.5 stone since my first session! It's scientific rubbish really - she really did measure me tighter than I actually am, but it did improve the tone of my skin immensely and it certainly felt fundamental in getting rid of my dreadful cellulite.

I'm sure there is some benefit from the procedure but I wouldn't believe all the claims. I'm still quite keen to try it though as I tend to think it all can help one way or another.

I've been doing monthly firming body treatments at Clarins and I don't think that is having much effect BUT that could be because as I lose more weight the skin is getting slacker. I have a rather unappealing ripple effect up my thighs now when I walk in my gym pants...

I've given up the Clarins products at home as that got too pricey and yesterday bought some of the Bio-Oil everyones raves about. Reading the ingredients, I think you'd get the same effect from any kind of carrier oil with some essence added. I think it is probably the twice daily massage of those areas that makes the difference.

BTW - Samantha - congrats on being so close to goal! Haven't seen you posting that much so I guess you're too busy now that you're getting slim.

Back