Up days

reading through this has been really interesting for me. Today was up day number 3 for me and hubby and I are feeling pretty full at the moment. He just said to me 10 min ago that he can't see himself losing any weight this week (as he supped on a bulmers!).... I've told him to stick with it and see x

I thought it was about the calorie difference too not the overall weekly intake! I'm confuzzled now even more xxxx

sorry didnt mean to confuse anyone its just the way i personally look at it because i know that as long as im eating roughly 500 over 3 days and 2000 over 4 it would equate to roughly 1400 per day which on a normal diet like calorie counting or slimming world, would result in weight loss. its just to stop me overeating on up days more than anything as last night i did go over the 2000 but after working out my average so far for the week, it still only comes back to roughly 1500 per day which im happy with. you have to 'shift' the calories for it to work effectively, i.e. low on downs, high on ups, as juddd burns your fat stores efficiently that way, but say for example i was eating 1200 over 3 downs and 2500 over 4 ups, that would equate to an average of 1950 cals per day, which is probably more a figure for maintenance so i just try and average the numbers to ensure i dont go too nuts on my ups during the week! xx

sorry didnt mean to confuse anyone its just the way i personally look at it because i know that as long as im eating roughly 500 over 3 days and 2000 over 4 it would equate to roughly 1400 per day which on a normal diet like calorie counting or slimming world, would result in weight loss. its just to stop me overeating on up days more than anything as last night i did go over the 2000 but after working out my average so far for the week, it still only comes back to roughly 1500 per day which im happy with. you have to 'shift' the calories for it to work effectively, i.e. low on downs, high on ups, as juddd burns your fat stores efficiently that way, but say for example i was eating 1200 over 3 downs and 2500 over 4 ups, that would equate to an average of 1950 cals per day, which is probably more a figure for maintenance so i just try and average the numbers to ensure i dont go too nuts on my ups during the week! xx

Right I see loooooooooooooool dont apologise its me being slow loool and prob slightly over paranoid about eating this many calories. I'm coming over from a VLCD/CD and really want to make sure im doing the right thing as I so don't want to undo all the work I have already done! Cant get my head around actually going to tesco and buying things i haven't eaten in ages................its really brill. Half of me is having a party and the other half is stressing out lol XXXX

Right I see loooooooooooooool dont apologise its me being slow loool and prob slightly over paranoid about eating this many calories. I'm coming over from a VLCD/CD and really want to make sure im doing the right thing as I so don't want to undo all the work I have already done! Cant get my head around actually going to tesco and buying things i haven't eaten in ages................its really brill. Half of me is having a party and the other half is stressing out lol XXXX

me too hun, ive moved from CD and I went shopping in Lidl's yesterday, i think ive forgotten how to act in a supermarket! i was up and down the aisles like a nutter! in the end im convinced the manager was following me!! ive lost all concept of how to act in these social situations! best advice i can give you is to shop on an up day when you are feeling full because i didnt put any chocolate in the trolley! its was all wholewheat bread, pasta and a few bits and bobs for the freezer. i havent gone mad yet as im planning from week to week, i write out my menus for the ups and just buy what i need, it saves money too as im pretty naughty when i just shop off the cuff.

have u actually started juddding yet or are you in between diets? xx

Yeah know what you mean hun i just wanna be able to have some lucky charms looool!! Im still in between diets as i am off to Belfast tomorrow for 3 days and want to wait til im back, kinda trying to incorporate some cd shakes last few days but very hard to concentrate!! Started going back to the gym at lunchtime also which is good! I lost loads when i started CD but im convinced once you start eating water weight comes back on as Im not even eating enough to put weight on!!

I really am worried that when I get back thought the scales will go up and I will be scared back into CD!!!! Just gotta be brave and throw myself into this!! xxxx

http://www.minimins.com/juddd-diaries/288473-taking-plunge.html

yeah water weight is a bugger but just remember it'll go within a few weeks anyway. no matter what diet you switch to, you'll gain a few lbs back through water retention so you have to prepare for that. have a look at my diary (link above), ive listed my menus for every day and the weight ive been throughout the week so you can see what my first week has been like after swapping from CD to juddd. im on course for a gain but it'll probably be 2lbs judging by the results ive had previously this week which im happy with but i also feel my weight is stabilising now as i had an up day yesterday and stayed the same from the day before so thats great! my official weigh in is tomorrow after todays down so i'll report that in the morn! xx

Well I've been doing this since sunday I had
DD 499
UD 2680
DD 450
UD 2500

And I'm on a DD today and I don't feel like I've lost anything. I'm going to have 1800 on my next UD as I honestly believe I'm having too much. I weigh in tomorrow and was 10.12 last time so I'm hoping I've lost something, of not I'll definitely have to watch my UD. My clothes feel tighter :(

it may do you good to have a lower Up day as I had a lower Up day on monday after my mammoth first 2 up days and i think it redressed the balance. my ups this week have been on average 2200, 3500, 1600 and 2200 with the downs being around the 500 mark and after the lower Up day, my weight began to stabilise. ive been exercising on the up days regularly too, either doing 30 day shred or kettlebells or both some days totalling around 30-40 mins of exercise each up day and around 10 mins of quick kettlebells on the downs. i do think its helped me to start toning again but im happy to keep the exercise to a minimum for the first few weeks so that i dont get overwhelmed and start being lazy with it which ive done before. stick with juddd for at least a month and measure too because the scales are not always helpful! x

Yeah know what you mean hun i just wanna be able to have some lucky charms looool!! Im still in between diets as i am off to Belfast tomorrow for 3 days and want to wait til im back, kinda trying to incorporate some cd shakes last few days but very hard to concentrate!! Started going back to the gym at lunchtime also which is good! I lost loads when i started CD but im convinced once you start eating water weight comes back on as Im not even eating enough to put weight on!!

I really am worried that when I get back thought the scales will go up and I will be scared back into CD!!!! Just gotta be brave and throw myself into this!! xxxx

oooh what you coming over to belfast for?

I dont even know if I could manage 2600 or anything after CD loooool!!! Have to have cream on my cornflakes like i do at christmas :)

On the calculator thingy i should only be having 1969 on up days and 394 on dd!!!!

MissieCB said:
I dont even know if I could manage 2600 or anything after CD loooool!!! Have to have cream on my cornflakes like i do at christmas :)

On the calculator thingy i should only be having 1969 on up days and 394 on dd!!!!

Cream on cornflakes... Now there's a thought for tomorrows UD ;-)

Cream on cornflakes... Now there's a thought for tomorrows UD ;-)

Trust me is amazing and with sugar sprinkled onto!! One of my other faves is bread with butter and sugar ontop!!!

Sorry loooooooooooooool cant stop now ive started. x

I'm a greedy cow I could have easily eaten more but had to stop myself. This is why I asked the question about whether you should track cals on ya up days. I guess the answer is yes if you are a greedy guts hahahaha

haaaa ha im sure once im in the swing ill be the same!!!

What about just trying smaller portions thats what im gonna do have the same as my other half but smaller portions!

not done that for years infact never have with this partner lol xxx

I know it really doesn't seem to make sense but the calories on your up day really shouldn't matter. You'd have to eat 3500 more calories than your normal amount (about 2000) to put on a pound. Infact, if you eat too low on your up day then the swing between the two won't happen and you won't lose. Keep the faith!

MissieCB said:
Trust me is amazing and with sugar sprinkled onto!! One of my other faves is bread with butter and sugar ontop!!!

Sorry loooooooooooooool cant stop now ive started. x

Oooh I'm so hungry lol!!

I know it really doesn't seem to make sense but the calories on your up day really shouldn't matter. You'd have to eat 3500 more calories than your normal amount (about 2000) to put on a pound. Infact, if you eat too low on your up day then the swing between the two won't happen and you won't lose. Keep the faith!

Exactly, well put. All of the gain on UD is temporary and should go away with a good DD.

Your DD cals are maintenance numbers so you could theorectically eat a UD every day and stay the same. You'd have to eat UD + 3500 to gain a lb, so theorectically 2000 + 3500 = 5500 (in a day!)

Back