UPDATE

get_slim

Hi all, i have been taking Appetite suppressants since last Tuesday & am due in for my weigh in tomorrow evening (Monday 10th March) i am amazed that they actually work!!! I have not been hungry all week, i have eaten just breakfast, lunch & dinner (all healthy of course). I will let u all know how much i have lost tomorrow night! FINGERS CROSSED!!!

Hey becky85 x I did the CD last January 2007 & managed to stick to it for about 4 weeks & lost 14lbs!!! I have never been able to do it again :0( I have tried sooooooo many times but i just cant do it!!! I found an advert in my local paper advertising a 'slimming clinic', so i decided to give it a go....Wot about u? what diet r u on?

good luck,let us no how you get on x

are your appetite suppresants healthy for you to take? A lot of these 'slimming' clinics are dodgy and rip patients off, selling things they really shouldn't. Have you researched the product you're taking on the internet?

Great news guys, i've lost 1/2 stone :talk017:

*Karen*

are your appetite suppresants healthy for you to take? A lot of these 'slimming' clinics are dodgy and rip patients off, selling things they really shouldn't. Have you researched the product you're taking on the internet?

I haven't researched these tablets at all!!! When i started taking them i did agree with my partner that if i felt ill or strange whilst on them, i would stop!!! But luckily i feel fine, relieved that i control what i eat now :)
The only thing that it says on the bottle is 'Phentermine 30mg'. I looked online tonight but there are so many different types!

Dragonfly

I've been reading about Hoodia Gordonii which are natural suppressants, are you taking them or something different?
Take care whatever you do, I tried some of the prescription ones once and they gave me heart palpitations.

I am taking 'Phentermine 30mg'. I don't think the Clinic will tell me exactly what there called incase i buy them somewhere else! Thats terrible about the heart palpitations :eek: Luckily i have been ok so far

i took the hoodia gordonii last year, from holland and barrett and to be honest for the £30 they cost they were useless...
good luck with yr weight loss and well done on yr loss

A great result ... hope they continue working for you. I've just started taking Reductil prescribed by my GP - they're also appetite suppressants but I looked on the box and they don't contain the same ingredient as yours.

Don't know if they'll work or not as a lot of my issues around food don't actually involve hunger ... but we'll see.

Good luck with the week ahead :)

hi, dont know if the clinic has warned u but many of these pills raise the blood pressure.
it is a similar active ingredient in reductil which i was on last year.
i have and always have had perfect bp but on reductil u have to have ur bp checked regularly.. and for good reason.
after 6 weeks on reductil my bp started to raise so i came off them. wasnt worth the risk of developing high bp problems.
cherylxx

pink-sarah

i took the hoodia gordonii last year, from holland and barrett and to be honest for the £30 they cost they were useless...
good luck with yr weight loss and well done on yr loss

Hi,

I have read up on the natural ones & they all seem to be rubbish!!! I did try Hoodia a few years ago but they never did a thing :sigh:
Good luck to you to x

Russiandoll

A great result ... hope they continue working for you. I've just started taking Reductil prescribed by my GP - they're also appetite suppressants but I looked on the box and they don't contain the same ingredient as yours.

Don't know if they'll work or not as a lot of my issues around food don't actually involve hunger ... but we'll see.

Good luck with the week ahead :)

Hey,

It is quite worrying not knowing exactly whats in the pills but all i know is that there not making me ill or making me feel odd....There doing the job :) Good luck on your diet, i hope they work for you. My weight problems are due to the fact that i comfort eat & eat when i'm bored or angry (not that i'm actually hungry)! But these tablets have just put me off food completely :D

annie_d

I didnt think you could get phentermine any more, do be careful.

Hi annie,

There are so many different types you can get online!!! but alot of them are a fad!

cherylxx

hi, dont know if the clinic has warned u but many of these pills raise the blood pressure.
it is a similar active ingredient in reductil which i was on last year.
i have and always have had perfect bp but on reductil u have to have ur bp checked regularly.. and for good reason.
after 6 weeks on reductil my bp started to raise so i came off them. wasnt worth the risk of developing high bp problems.
cherylxx

Hi Cheryl,

When i first went to the clinic he took my BP & said that it was fine, but when i went yesterday he didn't do anything!!! just weighed me :sigh:
I'l make sure he does it next week x

Hi get slim, I'm a relative newby on here and am probably talking out of turn here but when I read this the name rang a bell and I did some research because I remembered a big debate in the US regarding Fen-Phen which was Phentermine mixed with a couple of other amphetimine based diet pills. Though you are not taking that I just wanted you to see what you are taking, I'm sorry if you think I'm interferring but I'm a great believer if you know of something that could help another person it's wrong not to say it!

Found this on wikipedia: Phentermine is an appetite suppressant of the amphetamine and phenethylamine class.
It is approved as an appetite suppressant to help reduce weight in obese patients when used short-term and combined with exercise, diet, and behavioral modification. It is typically prescribed for individuals who are at increased medical risk because of their weight and works by helping to release certain chemicals in the brain that control appetite.
Phentermine is still available by itself in most countries, including the U.S. However, because it is similar to amphetamines, individuals may develop an addiction to it. Hence, it is classified as a controlled substance in many countries. Internationally, phentermine is a schedule IV drug under the Convention on Psychotropic Substances.[1] In the United States, it is classified as a Schedule IV controlled substance under the Controlled Substances Act.

Again I hope you don't think I'm being bossy, I just thought I'd heard of it and I had! At least you'll know what you are taking which can only be a good thing!! Best of luck with whatever you decide to do. bb x

bigley b

Hi get slim, I'm a relative newby on here and am probably talking out of turn here but when I read this the name rang a bell and I did some research because I remembered a big debate in the US regarding Fen-Phen which was Phentermine mixed with a couple of other amphetimine based diet pills. Though you are not taking that I just wanted you to see what you are taking, I'm sorry if you think I'm interferring but I'm a great believer if you know of something that could help another person it's wrong not to say it!

Found this on wikipedia: Phentermine is an appetite suppressant of the amphetamine and phenethylamine class.
It is approved as an appetite suppressant to help reduce weight in obese patients when used short-term and combined with exercise, diet, and behavioral modification. It is typically prescribed for individuals who are at increased medical risk because of their weight and works by helping to release certain chemicals in the brain that control appetite.
Phentermine is still available by itself in most countries, including the U.S. However, because it is similar to amphetamines, individuals may develop an addiction to it. Hence, it is classified as a controlled substance in many countries. Internationally, phentermine is a schedule IV drug under the Convention on Psychotropic Substances.[1] In the United States, it is classified as a Schedule IV controlled substance under the Controlled Substances Act.

Again I hope you don't think I'm being bossy, I just thought I'd heard of it and I had! At least you'll know what you are taking which can only be a good thing!! Best of luck with whatever you decide to do. bb x

Hi bigley,

Thanks for the information :) The clinic have said that i can only take the tablets for 6 weeks & then have a break & then carry on...reason being is that my body will get immune to them & they won't work :rolleyes: At the moment i am happy with what i'm doing but i will take the facts into consideration x

Woooooooooooo lost another 2lbs this week x Not as good as last week but at least it's going down not up (& i did come on today) :0(

Back