URGENT! Vertigo

ZoBo

Silver Member
I woke up at about 1am to see to my toddler & as soon as I got up I felt as though I was going to fall over..... Like when you drink wayyy too much!

I went back to sleep, then woke this morning with the same sensation. I can't even get out of bed..... I'm trying o hard to keep my head still while I type this....

I don't know whether or not this is anything to do with CD????

I'm just waiting for NHS direct to call me back. My df keeps telling me to eat something, I don't know what to do.... Any advice would be greatly welcome. x

I would try and have a shake or something and drink pleanty of water, I get this sometimes if I get up really quick.xx
Let us know what nhs say, and hope you feel better soon.xx

Thanks I've just had a shake & a big drink of water..... It's awful, I've never had anything like this before.....

I just hope it's not the diet as I really don't want to give it up.

I get vertigo as I have menieres disease. It's horrible isn't it.

I think most people get that bit of dizziness sometimes when they get up, but real vertigo is nothing like that is it.

It's usually an ear problem and can be quickly sorted with some pills.

I used to get it where it went on for hours, and I couldn't move at all. Just lay there throwing up.

Also had episodes in supermarkets where I've not been able to walk straight, then fallen. People thought I was drunk:rolleyes:

So anyway. Not to fear as it's very likely to be something ear related and easily sorted. hugs though, cos it aint nice is it.

KD that's how I feel. Drunk. It's awful.

The lady on the NHS helpline said that I should stop the diet immedietely..... As it could be hypoglyciemia..... I don't know what to do as I've had my first shake, so I'm not actually hungry.....

Do you think this could have somethng to do with the fact that I didn't have three shakes yesterday?

I've never felt like this before, so it's worrying me quite a bit. I've been looking on t'internet to see if anyone else has had this & it's done nothing but frighten me half to death!

KD that's how I feel. Drunk. It's awful.

It is :hug99: I've spent a night or two on the kitchen floor as I haven't been able to get up to go to bed and DH was at work (works nights)

The lady on the NHS helpline said that I should stop the diet immedietely..... As it could be hypoglyciemia..... I don't know what to do as I've had my first shake, so I'm not actually hungry.....

Possibly. Lack of shakes, rather than the shakes themselves. Bet it isn't though...but only my opinion. Listen to them!

I've never felt like this before, so it's worrying me quite a bit. I've been looking on t'internet to see if anyone else has had this & it's done nothing but frighten me half to death!

Ah, don't search. It really just confuse. People tend to only talk about the horror stories, which aren't so common. They're not so inclined to say "I felt really but okay now". No excitement in that eh :D

Glad you called NHS direct. Take it easy. Try and get some sleep if possible, or lay down in preferably a dark room so the ceiling doesn't move! Darn ceiling!!

Got to go to work. Hope you feel better shortly! Do feel for you!

Definately take all your shakes! Missing one will make you feel light headed as your body hasnt had enough calories!
Other than that it could be a bug, I had it where I was dizzy for 2 days and also everything was echoing! (was even dizzy lying down!)

I have had this all week and I am on SS+ 200 calories. I was ok at the beginning. Nothing has changed and I am on week 5. I didn't lose much last week and it doesn't seem as though I will this week either and sometimes I feel odd if I have been sitting or lying down then get up. Fine when standing. Doc suggests it is tiredness but I'm not. Hope it goes soon and for you too.

aw hun, hope you feel better soon, bieng ill is pants !
i had a virus last week and felt the same, very dizzy and lightheaded, and it felt like i couldnt lift my head .
i did come off the diet for a few days on the advice of my gp, and i did feel better for it, which may or may not have speeded up my recovery.
look after yourself.
dani x

Well, I've had a piece of toast!

Not sure whether or not this will help (it hasn't yet).... I'm seeing my CDC tomorrow so will tell her & see what she says. I suppose I just have to write today off..... You'd think I'd be excited to eat, but I'm gutted as I feel I'm letting myself down.... :(

My auntie is a Diabetic Consultant, so I've rang her & she said it's nothing to do with ketosis so that is good to know.

Maybe it is a virus, hopefully I'll feel better later.... Thanks guys x

Well, the vertigo started to go at about 12 today..... I've got a bit of anxiety now though?! What is that about?

Ayway, I'm really gutted that I've eaten, feel like the whole week has been for nothing :(
At least I know for definate it's not the diet.....

Hey ho, back to day 1 tomorrow.....

Hi ZoBo Like KD I also have Meneires - awful isn't the word is it KD? I think the worse thing is other people's attitudes when you appear drunk at the shopping centre on a Saturday afternoon..... But I can definitely say that the diet has not made the attacks any worse. I have been on the diet since May and have only had one major attack and a handful of minor attacks since starting. Before the diet I would definitely had more attacks than this. So please do be assured. I'm sure you will be fine.

Good luck

Jan x

Be careful about getting up to fast. I had some minor dizziness the first few days but was fine when i remembered to take it slow.

Hang in there.
edi
one piece of toast does not mean a restart, just carry on from there, shakes etc. as usual. Think positive so this does not become a reason to give up the program. Those first few days are hard enough with out having to keep doing them over and over again. This too shall pass.
Desire Dedication Determination
edi

Back