Urrgghh, may have blown week 1

Mini~Mummy~2~B

Well I started off really well last week. Weighed in on Monday morning (usual weigh in will be evening but was morning due to bank holiday). Mon - Fri was great, stuck 100% and averaged 8-10 syns a day.

However on Friday night I started my daily injections of Gonal F which is a hormone based injection for IVF treatment. I'm donating eggs for my sister and BIL IVF as she has gone through the early menopause. Well I just couldn't seem to keep on track over the weekend. I didn't log and ate an ice cream cone on the Saturday and an ice cream from the shop on Sunday. I know I had an extra alpen bar on both days that was above my allowance too.

I'm really hoping I haven't gained weight tonight, that would be the worst week 1 weigh in ever!! :eek:

Just as I started IVF treatment probably wasn't the best time to start SW due to the hormones and the fluid retention but I just knew I could easily gain loads over the next 2-3 weeks if I didn't at least try. But now I am going to feel a right idiot if I have gained weight on my first week :(

It's hard to comment as not sure how the ivf stuff interferes with weight gain. But I would say no point in fretting over it whats done is done. Draw a line and start again. Good luck :)

what a lovely thing you are doing for your sister xx

Wow thats amazing what youre doing for your sister :)

As Corrin says just draw a line under it & carry on, besides it really doesnt sound like you ate that much.

What time is your WI? Let us know how you get on x

Good luck for WI, be sure to let us know. What you're doing for your sister is incredible by the way... Nice to hear there are still nice people in the world. :) x

Good luck. You may be pleasantly surprised and, if not, forget it and start afresh tomorrow. Ditto to what everyone has said about the amazing thing you are doing for your sister. She's lucky to have you.

Kathy

WOW! I still managed to lose 3lbs at weigh in tonight. I am very very happy with that :)

Goes to show that SW definitely works, I lost weight and only followed it to the book 5 out of 7 days :)

WOW! I still managed to lose 3lbs at weigh in tonight. I am very very happy with that :)

Goes to show that SW definitely works, I lost weight and only followed it to the book 5 out of 7 days :)

Well done mini- mummy! Good luck with IVF and weight loss xx
What a special girl you are! X

Well done! Just don't make the mistake of becoming complacant, just cos you got away with it this week doesn't mean you will next week.....

Your sister is so lucky to have you though :) amazing thing you are doing fofr her x

Thanks everyone! I'll definitely be pulling my socks up this week. The hormone injections make me feel like its star week every day at the moment but am snacking on fruit and had a big salad with my soup at lunch to fill me up. I'm going to get hubby to buy a curley wurley for me tonight for my chocolate fix lol.

Back