USA Slimmingworld q's

shellydm

Hello,
Is the slimmingworld usa now adapted to the US brands and easier to follow in the states? Are the book you get when you sign up online branded to the US or are they the UK brands like a few years ago?

I'm trying to decide if its worth joining online now that there is a Slimmingworld USA program. (I don't live in Texas, or I'd gladly go to the meetings).

Many thanks,
Shelly :)

Hi Shelly. I have the same questions as you. I live in Ohio, so sadly can't participate in the meetings since they are only available in Texas. I have been making recipes and such that I find on the SW:USA website. I know they do have a 50$/3 months deal going on until the end of January for the Gold (the one with the books) but like you, I don't know if it would be worth it to join if the books are US based.

Hey, I highly recommend joining the USA online program. Information is being added frequently and they have a great online support program. The offers they have running are good value too at the moment.

Is SW about following recipes not points or calories? I saw an ad for it and when I looked at the 7 day sample menu I really liked it. I seemed like something I could realistically incorporate. I like calorie counting but often fall off the wagon due to time.
Is there an alternate way to do it books instead of online? The $45 is out of the question for me. I ask if it could be broken up monthly but that isn't available when first joining.

Is SW about following recipes not points or calories? I saw an ad for it and when I looked at the 7 day sample menu I really liked it. I seemed like something I could realistically incorporate. I like calorie counting but often fall off the wagon due to time.
Is there an alternate way to do it books instead of online? The $45 is out of the question for me. I ask if it could be broken up monthly but that isn't available when first joining.

Hi Lisa

The subscription price is really reasonable at the moment if you can find the money. It gives you full access to the website, their own official forum and a private Facebook group where you can share tips with others in the Us/Canada.

Slimming word focuses on food optimizing. You get a list of free foods that you can use to your disposable, on to of that you get daily healthy extra allowances to make sure you are getting your full fibre and calcium quota and then what is "called" syns. A certain allowance of those each day to use on things which are not free.

To buy the books online, you would prob be looking at spending as much as a subscription as people sell them on eBay unofficially at ridiculous prices.

Good luck in what you decide.

I didn't even know this was an option is the US!

Back