Using DP at home

Loser85

Gold Member
I'm trying to go it alone with this to save the pennies. (school uniforms cost a bloody bomb!) Thing is im still getting the typical wanting to go mad on the weekend. If i have one day of what i want would i be able to get back on straight away? I dont know which is my problem.

Thing is i have bags of reasons to lose the weight and i know i have to personally but its like i struggle regardless. As if dietings not hard enough my brains against me now! *grumbles*

Sorry for moaning i just annoy myself sometimes!!

I feel your pain, weekends are the worst!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I was getting to goal first I weighed in every Thursday at a meeting. Which meant that if my Saturday, or my whole weekend, was bad I could pull back points mon, tue, wed! It did help. So maybe that's one idea? Weigh yourself on a Thur or a Fri? I know that when I started doing the points myself at home after I got to goal (for money reasons too) I weighed in on a saturday and then just let myself go mental.

I think when you're doing it at home you have to be even stricter to yourself because there's noone to answer to but yourself. Another idea is maybe getting a family member to weigh you? Someone you trust? I think the sense of responsibility really helps to keep anyone on track!

And don't forget, you can go mad at the weekend and not sabotage it completely either! Save a few points during the week towards the weekend? Use your exercise points on extra treats? If you're getting a chinese or something just go for a lower pointed one like chow mein?

I know it's v easy for us to sit here and type this but I do know COMPLETELY where you're coming from. I hope the above helps! It's so bloody haard when you feel like your head and your body are against you!

You'll get there tho! Don't give up xxx

Back