Using food packs to make food!

Dobbie

I will get to goal .....
Hi Guys,

Right I'm in need of help. Read the recipie sticky thing at the top of the forum about using your packs to make muffins and biscuits and well, by the end of it my mouth was watering.

Tried to make the following and both went oh so wrong - any hinters please on what I am doing wrong?!

Muffin - vanilla sponge I was thinking? Result was a sad, unrisen, sticky but tough mess in the bottom on the mug :(

Chocolate biscuit - crunchy yummy and dunkable? Result was a soggy mess stuck to my greaseproof paper.

HELP!!!!

Sorry, i'm laughing my head off as i was exactly the same!!!!

Managed the cirsps and they were....different:D

Glad you asked the questions xxx

Glad I'm not alone then!! There's clearly a knack to it!!!

Problem is, I read the sticky, got myself drooling at the prospect of a sponge like muffin or crunchy biscuit and was soooo disappointed at the result (not to mention the waste of 2 packs!)

Sighs ... perhaps I should just wait until I can have the real thing (in moderation of course ;))

:DMy results have been

Muffin......stodgy mess at bottom of dish
Crisps.......stodgy mess at bottom of dish

Have just tried the vegetable drink from cd and that is lovely

Good luck lol

the soup or the water flavourins Sarah?

PMSL - I sense a theme here with the food pack recipies. Maybe I'll just stick to them as they are supposed to be!! I'm not exactly masterchef at the best of times!!!

Oohh is that the bouillion stuff?? I might have to try some - can't stand the soups so it will be a nice change from sweet things

Hi

I too tried to make the muffins with a vanila shake and ended up with a cross between porridge and stodge. I am also struggling with the mixamoose any handy hints.

Mix-a-mousse .... well I daren't go there!!! :rotflmao:

I've never been brave enough to try any of the recipes either but the bouillion is totally yummy. It has a gorgeous flavour and definitely makes a lovely change from the sweet tetras (I hate the soups).

MY Mix a mousse expereinces are not good, first one looked like someone thing rather nasty (my fault for using the chocolate shake mix !!), second one was made from a vanilla shake and looked just as bad and tasted like dodgey old half set lumpy cold custard !

The mixamoose didnt turn out too bad it just want a moose consistancy more like a really thick milkshake I used the strawberry food pack it didnt taste too bad I was just disappointed that i couldnt eat it with a spoon was really looking forward to feeling cutlery in my mouth

Hmmm just on that cutlery comment, my CDC says she puts her shakes in the freezer for a while and that they go a bit gloopy. She then eats them with a spoon as they are apparently too thick to drink?

Haven't tried it, only relaying what I've been told so no idea whether that works??!!!

The mixamoose didnt turn out too bad it just want a moose consistancy more like a really thick milkshake I used the strawberry food pack it didnt taste too bad I was just disappointed that i couldnt eat it with a spoon was really looking forward to feeling cutlery in my mouth

The MixaMousse was the one thing I loved! Managed it in the blender and used a little bit less water then I was meant to, put it in the fridge and the consistency was just like a mousse should be,just not enough of it!

The only other thing I tried that worked was slicing up a bar, the orange one worked well, and blasting it in the micro for the length of time it said in the recipe bit, now they were GORGEOUS!!!!!!!:D

Hi all xxx

I've used the mixamousse to make several mousses and have eaten them with a spoon - love it lol!!! Need to make sure you use really cold water and leave it to set for quite a while until consistency you want.

Have also made the jelly which is nice but use very little water flavouring as can be quite overpowering!

I LOOOVVEEEE chilli crisps - have them most nights. Need a really good baking paper, spread them nice and thinly and I cook them until they're starting to go quite brown round the edges - they crisp up after a few seconds out of the microwave..... mmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!

Some funny stories about what we do to try and make things taste a bit different. I love the crisps too, have learnt to make the mix quite gloopy and then NUKE, they do go brown around the edges. Oh now I am talking about them I will have them while I watch eastenders tonight.YUM YUM

My chocolate muffins are quite good. I use the little pots left over from microwaveable proper chocolate puddings. Use a little boiling water to mix to a thick paste and in microwave for 45 secs. [I have a high powered microwave] I quite like the chocolate mint too in muffins.

Wooo Hoooooo!!!:D I just made sucessfull mint choc moose Im sooooooooooo excited. For those of you that havent tried it try it it really is very nice. Right then going to try another recipie now LOL

Back