using HEA

utternutta

Sorry im sure ive asked this before but just checking......

I dont really like cheese or milk so dont have my HEA...... only my HEB...... is this going to make much difference do you think to my Weight loss???

Thankyou for your advice x

It probably won't make any difference to your weight loss, as the A choice (as I understand it) is there to make sure that you get enough calcium. Calcium is absolutely essential if you are not going to suffer from bone density problems in later life, so you need to do some research to find other sources.

Could you not use some milk hidden in things like mashed potatoes or omelette or something?

Or have a nice hot chocolate? There are some hot chocolates that you make with milk instead of water...

Failing that maybe you could take a calcium tablet?!

I agree, calcium is really important, a lack of it will show up when you get older. At least take a supplement if you don't manage your A choice.

Yes it's there purely from a health point of view! Calcium tablets sound wise, but then again there is calcium in yogurts, tinned salmon and a lot of veg too so if you eat these things then you may be getting enough anyway! Probably shouldn't be saying this but the reality is that if you did happen to cut out your HEXa you would be cutting out 5-6 syns, or 100-120 cals per day so may even boost your losses (but please note I'm not advising this as a positive thing just incase anyone is about to jump down my throat!!)X

Just found this info on a website called www.gvtc.co.uk (Green Valley Trading Company) Thought it might be of interest!

One of the very best sources of calcium is tofu whilst others include vegetables such as curly kale, okra, horseradish and watercress. You can also get significant amounts from red kidney beans, soya beans, petit pois, broccoli, cabbage, celery and parsnips too. In addition, calcium is also found in many other staple foods including bread. Most soya drinks are also calcium-enriched as are some other soya products and breakfast cereals too. The calcium contained in these fortified foods will be utilised most effectively where they also contain added vitamin D too.

Back