Valentines day pudding?

Miss helpme

Hi All

This year im going to cook a meal for me and my partner for Valentines day... the problem i have is I want to do a pudding but I dont know what to do as im new to WW I dont know what the best ones are to make? Im happy to make them from scratch or even buy one if its good and low in points??

Has anyone got any ideas??

Thanks in advance!

Hi
Ive just had a ww double choc brownie icecream pot for 4 points, very nice....and theres 2 in the pack, you will find them in the freezer section....

I have fat free yogurt, vanila as it's full of flavour and I crush a meringue on to the top and decorate it with strawberrys - looks lovely and it tastes gorgeous - quick easy and v v low points.

Hi there,

I too am cooking (pro-point friendly) dinner for my husband next Saturday as a pre-valentine's.

I plan on doing lots of little courses but for dessert, Fresh fruit kebabs with pineapple, banana, kiwi, strawberries and then two marshmallows on each end :D.

I am going to melt two ripples and serve the hot melted choccie with them. YUM YUM YUM!

Roll on next Sat I say!

What are you planning on doing for the other courses?

xxxxxxxx

We had Eton mess the other night which was really nice. Some mushed up strawberries meringue nest and ww thick cream. Was yum and relatively low pp.

Wow now you have all given me some good ideas for pudding... For the main I'm using my weekly points for a pot roasted shepherds pie which works out as 31pp. But it's my partners favourite meal and it's not so bad when we have 49pp to play with per week :D

ProPoints® Value: 9
Servings: 16
Preparation Time: 20 min
Cooking Time: 30 min
Level of Difficulty: Moderate

Try this delicious moist, dark chocolate cake with sweet milk chocolate icing. It's a real treat!

Ingredients
180 g Flour, Wheat, White, Plain
350 g Sugar, Light Brown
75 g Cocoa Powder
1 1/2 teaspoons (as purchased) Baking Powder
1 1/2 teaspoons Bicarbonate of Soda
300 ml Buttermilk
3 individual Egg White
100 g Spread, Low Fat
1 1/2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
125 ml Milk, Skimmed
60 g Chocolate, Milk, cooking, broken into pieces
500 g Sugar, Icing, sifted
1 pinch Salt
Instructions
Preheat oven to Gas Mark 3/170ºC/325ºF. Line 2 x 22 cm round cake tins with greaseproof paper.

Combine flour, brown sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Mix well with a fork to break up brown sugar. Set aside.

Beat buttermilk, egg whites, 80g of melted spread and 1 teaspoon of vanilla in a large mixing bowl until combined. Gradually beat in 125ml of hot water. Add flour mixture and stir until there are no lumps.

Pour mixture into cake tins. Bake in oven for about 30-40 minutes or until a skewer inserted in centre comes out clean. Cool cakes in tins on a rack for 20 minutes. Invert cakes onto rack and cool completely.

Meanwhile, melt remaining spread in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Add chocolate and milk and simmer, stirring for 3 minutes or until melted and smooth. Remove from heat.

Transfer to a large mixing bowl and stir in remaining vanilla. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until cool. Beat icing sugar into mixture using an electric mixer until light.

Spread 1/3 of icing mixture on top of one cake layer. Top with second cake layer. Spread remaining icing over top and sides. Slice into 16 pieces and serve.
Notes
This cake is best made the day it's to be served. The icing however, can be made in advance if it helps, and stored in an airtight container in the fridge.

Haven't made this, but looks yummy and ya can have it as a nice treat :) although high enough in points just sounds yummy enough :)

If not the ww eclairs! There yummy and low, no hassle and you can pretend you've made them hehe.

Wow that sounds delicious too Gracienoods I will have to try that one at some point too!! I havnt been eating puddings since doing this diet but now from reading about all the ones you have put on here im now thinking I should put some in my diet!

I have no idea Auburn about the difference between UK and US points sorry!

I know the ww desserts in the shops are so nice and low. Haven't checked pp but had discovery they were 2 or so. Felt good bout it :) cause I line being bold too hehe :)

Think us are different. They were from discovery, but not sure if that's cause they were pp!

I can recommend the ww frozen deserts, all are 2 points on discovery the chocolate layered one is gorgeous, the toffee is sweet and sticky and gorgeous and the mini ice cream lollys covered in choc are also, yep you've guessed it gorgeous!

hi,
if you like custard try w/w custard in a small packet mix it with 150ml of boiling water stir for minute and grt pud for only 2pp, only does 1 though so would have 2 get 2packets

Just to let you all know we tried the Eton mess and can I say he loved it!!! Now i need to try all those other things you have all told me about hehe :D

Back