Valentines.

Well........ Im working a 13 hour shift lol! 7am-8pm so nothing exciting for me! Not too bothered though as Im not the soppy type at all and cringe when I see all the cards in the shops x

Heya

money a bit tight for us this year, but I have got him a card, and will buy him his favourite sweets/choccies and his xbox 360 magazine. We also got some M&S vouchers for xmas, so have been saving those and will have the "dine in" meal on Saturday evening. Also bought a new outfit for the occasion ;):D:love:

Helen x

Normally we have a meal in where I cook something. This year I was supposed to be working nights but managed to swap my shifts. So husband is gonna push the boat out an treat me to a meal. It'll obviously be a flexible day for me however I will try and be as good as I can ;-)

We will do what we always do, nothing lol. OH is a lovely man and fantastic dad but in 11 years together he has never surprised me with anything :sigh:

Tbh going through a difficult patch where I feel we are just drifting apart and really can't be bothered with valentines. Money is tight so told him not to get me a card as I won't be getting him one. Sorry just so fed up at mo :(. Hope everyone else has a good one though :)

Just cards for us - i might make him some cupcakes and decorate them - but nothing OTT like extortionate gifts or meals out.....unless he surprises me!!!

Which he is very good at doing....but i dont think he will :)

Ps - ColJack - some girls like the nice boys - bad boys are just for short term relationships, nice guys get the girls in the end.....x

Just cards for us - i might make him some cupcakes and decorate them - but nothing OTT like extortionate gifts or meals out.....unless he surprises me!!!

Which he is very good at doing....but i dont think he will :)

Ps - ColJack - some girls like the nice boys - bad boys are just for short term relationships, nice guys get the girls in the end.....x

ColJack I'm with EB on this one - I'm with nicest guy now but did like my bad boys once upon a time ;)!

For V Day will prob cook OH a three course meal out of the new SW Italian cookbook - we both love Italy and it will remind us of our great holiday too! Last year OH didn't even remember to get me a card (it would have been my first one as a fiancee) but hey ho - he's not a traditional romantic!! xxx

Im cooking the bf a his favourite meal of steak pie with proper pastry (ill just have the filling and some mash!) Brought him a funny card and a mr strong mug :D

My DH tries to have Mondays off as we work weekends and he works during the week, so we might just go out for lunch. That is if nothing and no-one calls on our time !!!

valentine07.jpg

We swap cards & hubby buys me a bunch of roses every year. We don't do pressies as money is really tight. However, I have bought some valentines crackers, I love you balloons & some lights (all from the poundshop) to make it seem a bit special (well - different from normal anyway)

We never go out as it's too busy / expensive. We normally get a take-away but have just been invited out for a meal on 20th & possibly also the 21st. As a result I've decided to cook a meal for him.

I know that I'll do spinach & feta tartlets for starter (HEXB & 4.5 syns) and maybe spinach & ricotta canneloni (HEXB) or lasagne (HEXA & 5 syns for white sauce). I know that it's a lot of spinach if I don't go for lasagne but the spinach & ricotta pasta & the spinach & feta tartlets are his favourite SW meals.

I don't know what to do for pudding though - any thoughts? Preferably something chocolatey and less than 5 syns.

Well on valentines afternoon we're going for a scan and hoping to see our baby's heartbeat which will be the best valentines present ever!
We've got each other cards and I've bought him a little pressie (a pregnancy for blokes book). I've already had my pressie early - some berts bees products.
Although dinner will probably be beans on toast as that's all I can stomach at the moment!

ColJack said:
yeah well, nice guys finish last...
you all say you want a sweet, nice guy.. but at the end of the night you always go home with the dangerous, bad boy type guys... :(

:) ColJack your so hilarious!! It's kinda true tho, all my best male friends who are lovely are all single!!

I hATE valentines.. Probably because I'm single lol enjoy your plans ladies :)

I will be at WI. Its also my brothers 30th. So I dunno if we will get away with doing anything and we are pretty skint anyway. Might think up a list of "free" gifts...

I am going to the cinema, my boyfriend is buying me salt and vinger sticks, seriously he asked me and that is what I want. The ones from Sainsburies are bloody gorgeous!!!

Feb 14th is hubby and my 6 month anniversary (12 1/2 years this year) so we always do 'something' I have knitted a heart to do a home made card ( dropped a HINT that he needs to remember to make me a card..lol) and i'll cook us some yummy SW food - been inspired from a earlier thread to make some SW tapas. and a pudding.
Hubby will be going to WI first though.

I am going to the cinema, my boyfriend is buying me salt and vinger sticks, seriously he asked me and that is what I want. The ones from Sainsburies are bloody gorgeous!!!

Love it! salt and vinegar sticks <3

Back