Vaniqa?

Laura P

Hi everyone, I was just wondering if anyone had been prescribed Vaniqa and if it works for you? I went to the docs today but he said that as he had never prescribed it to anyone before he was reluctant to give it to me. I have to go back next week after he has spoken to the main doctors at the surgery (he was a locum doctor). I really want to try this and so was also wondering if anyone had had any problems getting it prescribed?

Many thanks,

Laura x

Hi laura,
I had no problems getting it but when I did use it it made the hair grow thicker and coarser!
Give it a go and see if it works for you

Good luck

I now use an epilator.

Verity xxx

I was prescribed it, but it didnt help with me, so i went off it.

now ive lost weight, my hair growth doesnt seem as bad as it used to be x

hi rubykirsty,
Can I ask how did you find reductil, I was offered it but prefered to go without pills,
did it make your weight loss easier?

thanks

verity

x

Hi verity

i found reductil fine, no problem at all, had none of the side effects usually associated with them, so was distraught when i Reductil got withdrawn. Id say it did make it a little easier, to train my body when to eat, when not to, and about portion control, but now im doing what i did do when I was on Reductil, but just without it .

x

Good for you!

hope everything goes well for you!

xxx

i was prescribed that! its worked for me but now my doctor says that it is no longer going to be avalible on the market :(

I think I got prescribed the vaniqa (cream stuff for hair?) It stang stang stang! And I couldn't bear to use it.... I am a massive wuss though!! Hope it works for you :D

i was prescribed that! its worked for me but now my doctor says that it is no longer going to be avalible on the market :(

I got a prescription for it yesterday without any problems, did your GP give any indication fo when it will not be available as my GP hasn't ever mentioned it being withdrawn? I have had AMAZING results with it.

I used it for about 6 mos+ and had a wee bald patch so stopped. Now im having laser and its recommended you use the 2 together so I am using it again and trying to remember twice a day. I am so pleased with laser.

I used it for about 6 mos+ and had a wee bald patch so stopped. Now im having laser and its recommended you use the 2 together so I am using it again and trying to remember twice a day. I am so pleased with laser.

Are you having to fund that yourself? I am trying to badger my gynaecologist in to referring me on the NHS!

Are you having to fund that yourself? I am trying to badger my gynaecologist in to referring me on the NHS!

Yes, unfortunately. I bought a package of 6 treatments for £300, working out as a £16 discount per treatment which is usually £66. tbh it's been so worth it, I am not constantly worrying if the stubble can be seen. I've only shaved 3 times in 5 wks!:eek: And not at all for the past 2 wks.

Let us know how you get on getting funding, good luck.:)

Yes, unfortunately. I bought a package of 6 treatments for £300, working out as a £16 discount per treatment which is usually £66. tbh it's been so worth it, I am not constantly worrying if the stubble can be seen. I've only shaved 3 times in 5 wks!:eek: And not at all for the past 2 wks.

Let us know how you get on getting funding, good luck.:)

I have found the PCT guidelines which say that where I live, six sessions of laser hair removal are to be made available to PCOS sufferers so I will give it my best shot :0) Were you shaving every day prior to your treatments and how many treatments have you had to get to that point? That is FANTASTIC!! :)

I have found the PCT guidelines which say that where I live, six sessions of laser hair removal are to be made available to PCOS sufferers so I will give it my best shot :0) Were you shaving every day prior to your treatments and how many treatments have you had to get to that point? That is FANTASTIC!! :)

Hiya, I know, it's great!:D I noticed a difference from my first treatment, I suppose my hair wasnt overly excessive but I could always see the horrible black stubble that felt as rough as a badger's bum lol. My third treatment is 6th may.

Back