Vanity or Health??

robsterswife

Tummy Mummy
I know slimming improves your health lots but if I'm really honest I am doing it more because I want to look good in the clothes I like.
So being honest which is your inspiration??

both, my kids are also a big factor. i dont want to be known as "the fat mum" when my little boy starts school next september. i find when i've got my newborn with me that it excuses it a little, but i've been this size since having my 3 year old lol. although stuck on plan through this pregnancy, really glad i havent got 2 lots of "baby baggage" to lose. x

Vanity! Being asked was I expecting was a killer!!

A year after I had my daughter ,people were still saying "not long now" grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!
Having now lost nearly 3 stone and in my size 10 shorts the other day someone still asked when it was due grrrrr grrrr grrrrr!!!!!

A year after I had my daughter ,people were still saying "not long now" grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!
Having now lost nearly 3 stone and in my size 10 shorts the other day someone still asked when it was due grrrrr grrrr grrrrr!!!!!

lol! the person who asked me was far more embarrassed than me, but it definitely spurred me on!

Both - primarily my health but being able to wear nice clothes is a big motivation!

Initially was health, my high blood pressure was off the hook.... It's been normal for a while now and I've been off meds for nearly 2yrs, now it's purely vanity....lol just love having clothes that fit well and looking gorg...

mines a mix of both, probably the same for most of us if we're honest

Yep, both for me too. And like most, its mainly for my kids. I would hate for them to be embarrassed by me! Also it feels fantastic being able to run around with them!

part of my body magic is now a 30 min rough and tumble with my little munchkin every day. works a treat, im knackered afterwards. beats the gym anyday x

Vanity mainly to be honest but also a little for my health. I can do so much more now than I used to and look better doing it ;)

To start with - vanity. After ruining one set of wedding photos for one brother - i wasn't going to do the same for the other brother's wedding a year later. since the weight has been coming off though - i'd say it's more about health now. Not just physical health but mental health as well. I love the new found confidence, i love the energy i've now got and i love the feeling of now living rather then existing.

To be honest it was completely for vanity. I've never really given 2 thoughts about health issues surrounding my weight. I know I probably should have but it's never been high in my priorities!

I'd say in the past is was solely for vanity, but now it's definately a combination of the two. Not only does my body now resemble nothing more than a lump of squashed uncooked pastry, but I can feel the difference in my body. I can barely reach my feet, my stomach gets in the way if I bend over, my knees click, my shins hurt when I run, I get out of breath other next to nothing and absolutely everything wobbles!! I've got a wardrobe full of clothes I can't fit into, and I'm longing to go shopping for some nice clothes, but i'm not doing that till i know the clothes are in a size I want to keep!

Anyway, they're my reasons for sticking to it this time, and I hope they're enough to keep me on track!

Back