Veg Boxes

razzledazzle

Do any of you have them delivered?

There's a farm near us who have started doing veg/salad/dairy/meat box deliveries and I thought I might give it a go.

Would you recommend getting one or have you ever had one and since stopped it?

Jo x

Hi Jo,

I used to get one of these delivered every week when my youngest had just started weaning. It was a great was of getting lots of different veggies every week. I stopped when I started shopping at a local market but have been thinking about starting again.

I really enjoyed the selection of veggies I got, often things I might not pick out at the supermarket. I still needed to get extras from the shops if there wasn't quite enough of certain things, but overall, I'd do it again!

Sounds great having the option of dairy and meat too! :)

Do they give you the option of telling them things you like/dislike? That is really useful to prevent wastage!

I had one every week for about a year and it was great and gave me a great idea of what was in season, really taught me a lot!
I stopped it though as it was very expensive and I could get the same stuff from the local market for half the price. Granted, it wasn't organic but it was local and just as good.
They also did meat, eggs and dairy produce but I never got any of that as I got my meat and eggs from the local butcher.

Thanks for your replies.

Unfortunately we don't have a local market nearby.

I think that if you're not keen on what they have in the boxes you can swap it for other items, you just need to email them. Or you can make up your own box (with a minimum price) of fruit/veg etc etc.

I'm getting a mini 'taster' box delivered on friday so will let you know what I think.

Jo x

Last edited by a moderator:
I use my local riverford and they are fab, if a bit pricey. I don't do the meat as I have a good local butcher, but the rest is really nice. Due to the expense I only get them once a month, but really like trying veg I normally wouldn't try.

x

Oh fab, its good to have a review from someone using the same firm. There are only 2 of us so I figured I'd go for a small box just as and when .... in between I'll go to the supermarket and Hubby works just down the road from a fab butcher so that's covered.

I thought it might come in particularly handy at Christmas - avoiding the supermarket rush!

x

Ive just started using a company. They do things individually and in a small, medium and large box. Im very pleased with this ive been getting the medium box fortnightly and its brill. Also if you sign up for the weekly or fortnightly box you get the 2nd delivery free so even better then you can just cancel or cut deliverys to monthly. Not sure which areas they cover but are always expanding so worth a look x

Last edited by a moderator:
Back