Veg*n friendly diets

Aline

Gold Member
As we all know there are lots of diets, but only a few are vegan or vegetarian friendly.

This is a place where we can share diets that are vegan, vegetarian or easily adjustable to a vegan diet.

Let's start a list (I love lists:p):

- Slimming World - green
- Calorie Counting
- Macrobiotic Diet

More ideas?

Raw food diet.

I tried this, really good but hard with a family. If I lived alone I would do this diet or eat raw at least 3 days a week. I love raw food.

Weight watchers.

they go by a points system so it would be easy to eat both vegan and veggie on this.
a work mate is on this, and ive reccomnded her to try veggie alternatives as they will be lower in points, and she loves it!

Karen,
I also did some raw food days in the past and I felt great, but like you I can't make it long-term because family members would freak out (and I love them too much to make them worried, they already didn't appreciate when I went vege) and I must admit I don't have enough willpower to resist the lovely cooked foods :)

Gina,
Weight Watchers is pretty adjustable too, it doesn't say what one should eat but only the points one can have ;)

Eat2Live ... vegan or almost vegan, and it WORKS but IMHO its too low calorie for people to stick to for long, I've hung around a yahoo group for it and seen big losses and people dramatically 'falling off the wagon'

About the Book Eat To Live | Dr Fuhrman.com

Slimming World is easy to do as a vegan or veggie

I am finding the low GL diet brilliant believe it or not, loads of the recipes are vegan or adaptable to be vegan. Patrick Holford's recipes are ace, I dislike his OTT dieting 'empire' intensely and think it does nothing for his credibility and detracts from his excellent work as a nutritionist but his diet is still brilliant. Anso Nigel Denby's books are worth a look.

I did not find Slimming World vegan friendly at all- great for veggies with the green days etc. but for vegans the whole 'dairy healthy extra' part is a bit useless and the soya alternatives are not on the list.

The latest book has soya cheese as a HEXB, agree about loads of HEXAs you can't have though :( When I go to a group, which is rare, I hate the food discussions when people talk about the dead chickens etc they are consuming with pleasure. I mean, I know it happens but I don't like being in a group of omnis talking about their daily foods.

I'm just Calorie Counting at the moment because I've not seen a diet that looks to be that easy whilst being (mostly) vegan. I also wouldn't be able to cope just eating raw food as much as I'd like to. It's just too time consuming to make it all when I work full time and I like my warm cooked food too much!

I'm just Calorie Counting at the moment because I've not seen a diet that looks to be that easy whilst being (mostly) vegan. I also wouldn't be able to cope just eating raw food as much as I'd like to. It's just too time consuming to make it all when I work full time and I like my warm cooked food too much!

Don't worry Mixxi, most people love cooked foods to much, me included!
I don't follow any diet, I just calorie count sometimes, but there are some vegans on this forum that follow Slimming World - green.

xx

i dont know if youd count this as a diet, but healthy eating?

Healthy eating is the ideal diet Gina ;) Count it for sure!

the harcombe diet can be adjusted for veggies

I'm just making my own

I'm trying my own Calorie counting approach before trying any kind of planned commercially-available diet. If it doesn't work, I'll join a group.

Fundamentally, I've started writing the energy content of my daily food intake down in order to see where I'm eating too much. It is really revealing.

I'm trying my own Calorie counting approach before trying any kind of planned commercially-available diet. If it doesn't work, I'll join a group.

Fundamentally, I've started writing the energy content of my daily food intake down in order to see where I'm eating too much. It is really revealing.

Well done Piefox,

We're all unique and it's great that you're trying to find what works for you in particular;)
There is a group for calorie counters in case you're interested (it sounds like it's what you've been doing)
x

I can't be bothered with all the calculations in weight watchers. I actually put weight on with slimming world as if someone tells me I can eat all I want of a certain food I go over the top, I love food too much. I lose 4 stone with a raw food diet and never felt better but came off it when I got pregnant. It's very antisocial for a family too. I still eat some raw foods for example green smoothies or green thickies for breakfast. I am working my way through the book Appetite for Reduction and I love the recipes in there. I tried EatToLive and totally agree with the principals but never really enjoyed the recipes that I tried and they weren't quick enough to make with a baby.

Back