TOMATO??
POTATO??

Thanks

Oh no. I'm a naughty guesstimater!!

Apple....on average say 60
Banana.....100
Grapes....40 cals for a handful
Cucumber
Lettuce.....don't bother counting these!!
Pear.....medium conference....60
Tomato......only count them in tins
Potato.......general guide is 75 cals for 100g

It depends on the variety and size etc so if your unsure about MFP just pick one that's in the middle :) being 3 cals out on cucumber isn't going to affect your losses ;)

Think it differs from one to another,it usually tells you on packet if it's pre packed. Or one of each if your eating apple, banana,pear etc. I expect you coud google it.

NumNums said:
I was just wondering this while I was in the bath. How much of each do I need to count to get my 5 a day.

X

I always thought fruit an veg portion was the size of your fist? Palm for meat and carbs......fist for fruit an veg....i might be horribly wrong tho!!! I just go with..... a darn good handful......as my standard measurement :) I really am the laziest CCer.

I think most people here go by MFP or what's on the packaging (if there is any).

Food companies are allowed to be up to 20% out on their calorie information anyway so something that says 200 calories on the packaging could actually be anything between 160 and 240 calories. This is fine for lower calorie food but if something is packaged as 1000 calories...

It tends to average out though as some things will be correct, some over and some under.

There is no way to know 100% the exact calories you are eating every day.

I just count as what is on the packaging/MFP and it's all worked out fine for me and I would imagine most companies are pretty close with their nutritional information.

Back