Vegetable Pakoras

lilpixiesue

**I am new to SW and doing Extra Easy - I don't know about the red/green days so I can only post what I know! where i say syn-free that means on EE**

I made some really yummy vegetable pakoras at the weekend to go with a curry and make it feel like a friday night takeaway :)

they were really easy - mashed potato, mixed veg ( I use frozen mixed veg, peas, brocolli, carrot etc), onion, a generous amount of curry powder (depending how much you like curry!) and an egg. Mashed all together, then onto a baking tray in dollops and sprayed with some frylight, in the over at about 200 degrees for about 30mins. Really crispy, curry flavoured, felt really indugent :D

i also made a dip with no fat natural yoghurt, cucumber and mint.

Add that to a big bowl of syn-free curry and boiled rice, and I could use my syns for a large white wine! :D

They sound tasty. We eat loads of curry so I'll give them a try :)

Joannejmorg said:
Thanks for recipe. I will be trying these soon

Sounds good - also try syn free onion Bhajis. Mash chickpeas and add raw onion and curry powder of ur choice. Form into balls and bake. If that doesn't sound right the recipe is on YouTube just type in syn free onion Bhajis. Also made mango chutney y simmering onion, garlic, balsamic vinegar, mango and sweetener - needs to be simmerd for about an hour. Add chilli. Keep an eye on it and top up with water if necessary.

mmmm sound lovely. thank you for that!

Thanks for sharing this, been meaning to make for ages and did them tonight, really fantastically delicious! My little girl kept nicking all of them, so I'll have to make some more tomorrow ;) I just used a smart price bag of veg, mashed potato and curry powder, dead simple and always have this stuff in so should do that rather than snacking on rubbish! Good to stuff full of superfree too :D

Could u pan fry them

I would think so, although i'm not sure how well they would stay together? oven baking them makes them really crunchy on the outside which i really like but i don't see why you couldn't pan fry with frylight, maybe make them a bit flatter and more like thick pancakes?

i love these, i have made them loads now, if you put in enough veg they are the perfect snack / light meal as they are already 1/3 superfree

Back