Vegetable soup recipe?

ChloeM

I'm on red days and looking for a nice vegetable soup recipe. It's harder to find than I thought!

I made this yesterday! broccoli soup.
1 onion, 1 carrot, 1 celery stick,2 oxo veg.cubes, 1 broccoli head, 1tbsp tomato puree, cut everything into small pieces, spray a saucepan with frylight, put all ingredients except the broccoli in, cook until the onions are soft, add 500ml of veg stock made with the oxo's.
Bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer, cover & cook for 20 mins, remove cover, add broccoli, cook for 2 mins more. season to taste.
Broccoli soup (Small).JPG

I made this yesterday! broccoli soup.
1 onion, 1 carrot, 1 celery stick,1 Leek, 2 oxo veg.cubes, 1 broccoli head, 1tbsp tomato puree, cut everything into small pieces, spray a saucepan with frylight, put all ingredients except the broccoli in, cook until the onions are soft, add 500ml of veg stock made with the oxo's.
Bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer, cover & cook for 20 mins, remove cover, add broccoli, cook for 2 mins more. season to taste.
View attachment 107449

Soup is easy - made a veg soup yesterday by chopping onions, carrots, potatoes (leave out if having a red day) and turnip into bite size pieces. Add 1 1/2 pints of hot water with one veg, one chicken stock cube and a couple of bay leaves added to it. Bring to the boil then simmer until all the veg is soft. To thicken it up I take out half the chunks then wizz up whats left. Add back the chunky veg and enjoy.

Use any veg you have to hand. If I can do it anyone can!!

Back