Vegetarian mince

elizabeth

Silver Member
Afternoon all, can anyone tell me the syns for Realeat Mince and Tesco's Vegetarian Mince on green days, please? I'm looking for a vegan substitute for Quorn which I can't have any more, and these two seem to be my only options.

Personally i think the Asda meat-free mince can't be beaten. It's soya based so might be a good alternative for you. I used to always have quorn until someone recommended this, and now I won't use anything else.

Realeat Vege Mince, made up as directed, frozen 100g cooked

red.gif
Original 2 Syns
green.gif
Green 2 Syns

Tesco Meatfree, Vegetarian Mince, frozen 100g

red.gif
Original 1 Syns
green.gif
Green 1 Syns

Asda Meat Free, Mince, frozen 600g pack

red.gif
Original 8 Syns
green.gif
Green 8 Syns

My vegetarian daughter won't et anything but realeat mince for some reason. But then it will depend what you like because she says the otehrs still remind her of meat!!!

Lynda

I haven't tried Realeat yet, or the Tesco/Asda ones, I was quite happy using Quorn until I went vegan. Such a shame that one of the most popular vegetarian 'substitutes' uses egg. :confused:

Anyway I'm sure the others will be fine, as long as I can still have a chilli/curry with them I'll survive! :)

Not all of them I'm afraid. Many quorn products are syn free but some have a syn value, and a lot of the quorn ready meals have a large syn value. The soya based products, basically everything else including supermarket own brands, are not syn free although the stuff like mince, pieces, sausages, burgers are mostly low in syns.

Back